Country
Sweden
marc_max said:
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:
Now suddenly i get this "Error reading IPL file.". I don't know if this came from running mighty channels on the same nand.
Well, is there an easy fix?
Check if /title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin exists.
It does, is it possible to delete this to recreate it?

EDIT:

I've tried to delete it and to use an old iplsave.bin, nothing, same problem, error reading ipl file (ret -2146193704C0)
What's the size of the file? What System Menu version are you using?
I'm using System Menu 4.3E and iplsave.bin is always 4k.
Please, tell me the exact file size in bytes.
I haven't tested 4.3, and maybe iplsave.bin changed on that version.
It seems to be 1216 bytes.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:
Now suddenly i get this "Error reading IPL file.". I don't know if this came from running mighty channels on the same nand.
Well, is there an easy fix?
Check if /title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin exists.
It does, is it possible to delete this to recreate it?

EDIT:

I've tried to delete it and to use an old iplsave.bin, nothing, same problem, error reading ipl file (ret -2146193704C0)
What's the size of the file? What System Menu version are you using?
I'm using System Menu 4.3E and iplsave.bin is always 4k.
Please, tell me the exact file size in bytes.
I haven't tested 4.3, and maybe iplsave.bin changed on that version.
It seems to be 1216 bytes.
Oh, I found a bug. I'll post an updated version soon!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Thanks to fldc for finding this bug
smile.gif

You have Snort48+ v1.1 in the first post. It should work now!

B

BryceOne

After running Snort48+, it moved my Homebrew Channel off my main page, and I cant get it back. I found it in the list, and added it back, but it just replaced it with another game. How do I get it back (I need it!!!)??

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
BryceOne said:
After running Snort48+, it moved my Homebrew Channel off my main page, and I cant get it back. I found it in the list, and added it back, but it just replaced it with another game. How do I get it back (I need it!!!)??
What HBC are you using? HAXX or JODI?
Try to delete /title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin file from your virtual NAND. This will create a new default one. Hopefully, HBC will be there again. But anyway, answer my question so I can take a look at what happened.

B

BryceOne

marc_max said:
BryceOne said:
Try to delete /title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin file from your virtual NAND. This will create a new default one. Hopefully, HBC will be there again. But anyway, answer my question so I can take a look at what happened.

It's JODI, however in Snort it shows up as a weird triangle character with no title until I selected it. I just deleted iplsave.bin, and it didn't help. Maybe it's how I installed HBC I dont know.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
BryceOne said:
marc_max said:
BryceOne said:

It's JODI, however in Snort it shows up as a weird triangle character with no title until I selected it. I just deleted iplsave.bin, and it didn't help. Maybe it's how I installed HBC I dont know.
I'll take a look into it.
Until then... Did you try to remove all channels in Snort48+? Maybe HBC will appear if you do that.
Also, if you have any other virtual NAND (or real NAND) with JODI installed, you can borrow the iplsave.bin file from there.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am having problem too all of the sudden .Unable to read ipl file....
If i delete iplsave.bin from Nand my channels are there again, but when I start snort again, I get the same error and have to delete the bin file again in order to get some of my channels back.

I'm on UNEEK + DI SM4.1 E, SNORT 1.1

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hielkenator said:
If i delete iplsave.bin from Nand my channels are there again, but when I start snort again, I get the same error and have to delete the bin file again in order to get some of my channels back.

Are you sure you're using snort 1.1 and not 1.0? This sounds like the problem that was fixed in 1.1.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fldc said:
Hielkenator said:

Are you sure you're using snort 1.1 and not 1.0? This sounds like the problem that was fixed in 1.1.

No I'm using latest download Snort 1.1.wad

Whenever I open Snort it gives me the error and my SM is empty.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
Just curious, I thought Uneek+di only worked with SM4.2/4.3? Am I wrong?

No, it works with any SM.

BUT, if you make your NAND with modmii you are (at first) contricted to SM 4.2 or 4.3

However, you can downgrade to 4.1 With MMM, without problems, or install a different SM via wad manager/ showmiiwads.
This comes especially in handy if you want to install The HBC to your NAND. ( 4.2-4.3 disable the ID's Haxx and JODI from the SM. 4.1 and lowere don't do that. You could also alter the HBC ID with customizemii. ) As long as you have the latest ios' you can run every game to this date.
That's the main reason that modmii only allows a Sneek/Uneek nand based on 4.2/4.3 as far as I know.)

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
works awesome tho i would add that when i removed the default disc channel that comes with wii and saved the config i bricked the nand (sneek) and had to start over again, it kept coming up with a black screen

edit: was on 4.1 btw

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
kylster said:
Just curious, I thought Uneek+di only worked with SM4.2/4.3? Am I wrong?

No, it works with any SM.

BUT, if you make your NAND with modmii you are (at first) contricted to SM 4.2 or 4.3

However, you can downgrade to 4.1 With MMM, without problems, or install a different SM via wad manager/ showmiiwads.
This comes especially in handy if you want to install The HBC to your NAND. ( 4.2-4.3 disable the ID's Haxx and JODI from the SM. 4.1 and lowere don't do that. You could also alter the HBC ID with customizemii. ) As long as you have the latest ios' you can run every game to this date.
That's the main reason that modmii only allows a Sneek/Uneek nand based on 4.2/4.3 as far as I know.)

Youl could also put the "Disable HAXX ,DVDX ,RZDx deletion" hack in SMenu.c to allow HBC on SM 4.2/4.3

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Actually, if u tell ModMii you are building a emulated nand for SNEEK (ie. NOT uneek+di) it will allow you to select SM 4.1. There is nothing stopping you from telling ModMii u are building a 4.1 emu nand for sneek but then really using it for uneek+di. But the reason for the restriction is that the system menu hacks in the di module (pretty sure its the di module) do not support 4.1 System Menu's. You can always add some hacks using priiloader to your emu nand, or just compile your own personal di module that includes hacks for 4.1 (similar to what Hielkenator suggested except add some hacks for 4.1 instead of extra hacks for 4.2), but from ModMii's perspective, it's just easier to restrict the emu nand system menu's when some1 chooses uneek+di or w/e.

FYI, it shouldn't really be an issue anyways, 4.2 will only delete the HAXX v1.05 and below version of the HBC, which no1 uses anyways. On emu nands, people mostly use HBC v1.07, and even before that, people used HBC v1.06. And using priiloader hacks one can disable the deletion of channels anyways (which is probably slightly simpler than compiling a new di module).

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SM Hacks are actually in the ES module in the file SMenu.c, but I agree with XFlak that there are no SM hacks for 4.1 or lower in SNEEK/UNEEK unless you add them yourself. In my above post I forgot to mention JODI.

Edit:

@Hielkenator: Now I think of it.. This could also be your issue why some of your VC/WiiWare games won't start as you mentioned in the JoYflow thread

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OverjoY said:
SM Hacks are actually in the ES module in the file SMenu.c, but I agree with XFlak that there are no SM hacks for 4.1 or lower in SNEEK/UNEEK unless you add them yourself. In my above post I forgot to mention JODI.

Edit:

@Hielkenator: Now I think of it.. This could also be your issue why some of your VC/WiiWare games won't start as you mentioned in the JoYflow thread

Hmmm you might be onto something....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up