Homebrew Snickerstream[PoC]-A NTRViewer alternative written from scratch with lots of improvements and stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just because it's written in an unusual language doesn't mean it's inherently bad ;)
I didn't say it was bad. Just that there is no reason to think this could have more chance of getting a Linux port than other alternatives since this project is using a Windows-only technology. There is wine/mono yeah, but that argument applies to others too.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I thought I'll give this a try but all it does it gray screen after I clicked connect I've already done the multiple adaptor fix and I've already tried changing the pcip to 0.0.0.0 and nothing still

Edit nevermind I've managed to get it working but the framerate is awful compared to kit-kat

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't say it was bad. Just that there is no reason to think this could have more chance of getting a Linux port than other alternatives since this project is using a Windows-only technology. There is wine/mono yeah, but that argument applies to others too.
Oh, sorry then - I misunderstood your post ^^"
Well, there's no chance in getting a Linux port working - that's ture. But as I said, it should work in Wine just fine as long as I keep using AutoIt's internal functions, as those are known to work flawlessly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I thought I'll give this a try but all it does it gray screen after I clicked connect I've already done the multiple adaptor fix and I've already tried changing the pcip to 0.0.0.0 and nothing still

Edit nevermind I've managed to get it working but the framerate is awful compared to kit-kat
You've set the priority to top screen, right?

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Just because it's written in an unusual language doesn't mean it's inherently bad ;)
It's definitely not a resource usage issue: as I said, it already uses way less resources that NTRViewer itself and other alternatives.

As I said already, try the multiple atarpter fix. If that doesn't work either, try setting PcIpAddr to 0.0.0.0 in the INI.

Sorry for not mention i have already try the fix you suggest. I now try with the other fix you suggest and works prefectly. Very stable, i hope in the future this type of program can make both screen go to at least 30fps.

Player-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this let's me turn off auto updates and doesn't force me to use the latest build like kit kat then i'm sold.

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newest kit kat doesn't actually work on wine.

Mech_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing program, can't wait to see what the final release is like. The quality is much better than KitKat/NTRViewer and the framerate seems to be the same or even better

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if anyone has ever thought of this, or if it'd even be possible. But do you think something like this or NTRviewer, kitkat, etc. could be programmed into a website or something that you could access from the Wii U's browser? It'd be pretty cool to be able to view the top screen of your 3DS on your TV, while using the 3DS as a controller/bottom screen. It'd kinda be like that 3DS game player adapter for the Wii U we all thought of at some point.

Flutterdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will you implement an option to change the size of each screen individually? kinda like nitro stream and kitkat. will you also fix the bug where when you make the screen a larger size than the defualt, the fps tanks?

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
will you implement an option to change the size of each screen individually? kinda like nitro stream and kitkat. will you also fix the bug where when you make the screen a larger size than the defualt, the fps tanks?
You're posting in the old thread, you might want to use the new one. ;)
But anyways I'll still reply to you here: I've already fixed the slowdown issue on a private dev build (I'll publish the fix in the next update) and individual screen scaling isn't currently high in the priority list but there's a good chance I'll implement it in one of the later versions.

Welcome to GBATemp, by the way! :grog:

PS: If you can, mods please lock this thread. There's already a newer one.

Last edited by RattletraPM,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol