Gaming SNES VC on New 3DS coming soon.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
supposedly the photo was shared before the capcom trademark was discovered, it just could be a coincidence or a hoax, idk
Well is there proof about this?
the trademark was registered after the leak came out. read. the. article.

If it's just a coincidence, well I guess some people can read into the future.
I read the "article" I just don't really see any proof of the thing was posted before the trademark.

Reactions: Lan Hikari

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlargSNES always gives me sixty frames on an O3DSXL. Why would you pay for something you can get for free?
Actually the original DS emulates SNES, dunno why people says that isn't possible.
Yeah, um, it isn't that easy.
It's not perfect emulation, at least to the standards that Nintendo has for emulation.
zsnes, for example, or lolsnes or blargsnes or CATSFC, take shortcuts and aren't perfect or near perfect emulations like Nintendo's Virtual Console.

Last edited by CeeDee,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. zsnes is a crappy emulator only notable because it works on crappy computers by taking shortcuts. snes9x, bsnes, higan, etc... are all much more accurate.
I actually can't stand zsnes on anything other than a CRT monitor because its video core is SHIT and it can't into 1080p. The main menu is also laggy as all fuck on my APU.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually can't stand zsnes on anything other than a CRT monitor because its video core is SHIT and it can't into 1080p. The main menu is also laggy as all fuck on my APU.
It's also outdated, yes. It's built for, like, DOS and Win9x.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Actually the original DS emulates SNES, dunno why people says that isn't possible.

The DS had the benefit of 2D hardware that was similar enough to offload to, so it didn't have to emulate that portion, whereas 3DS mode completely lacks such access. It's missing some capabilities like offset-per-tile and tile priority, but most could be handled sufficiently enough.

Attempting to use the GPU for SNES graphic rendering can be quite a problem because it not only has to convert assets due to being in bitplane form and the GPU lacking palette support, but it has to build a list for the GPU to process each frame. 2 polygons per 8x8 tile, up to 33 tiles per row (or 65 in hi-res), then as low as 29 rows per frame to up to 224 rows per BG (because of scanline manipulation), then upwards of 4 BG layers, not including the fact that each tile has a priority bit......you get the idea. That is the worst-case scenario though, because when building the list, you can take a heavy shortcut due to the fact that most of the time, only one BG is going to fill most of the screen with non-empty tiles, and any tiles that are considered empty are simply not added to the list. It's still quite a bit of work to do though, but it greatly benefits from scenarios that aren't doing a lot of scanline manipulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Sure, xbox has sold better in some months. But PS5 has annihilated the Xbox in total sales
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have both so it doesnt really matter to me who sells more.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I predict with more titles coming to Gamepass people will buy more Xbox consoles if they don't already have one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll see hey cod is on Gamepass and go that route
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, if my laptop will be good enough for it, then i might get gamepass to try bo6, not gonna put $70 into it until i know whether or not it's worth
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @SylverReZ 1. lmao 2. meta quests are the renamed oculus quests 3. "I hate Super Monkey Ball"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just gamestream it if it's that bad
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Make sure you get Gamepass Ultimate version tho, that lets you cloud stream games
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Good morning
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good morning
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One good thing cod got right is transferring profiles through same accounts if coming from other devices
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna be playing jedi survivor
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That does look pretty good. I'm looking forward to Indy and Perfect Dark.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Morning
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ - trying to like your greeting but chat is being weird. I give up
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How dare we live without like buttons
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Yeah, chat earlier was going crazy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol neighbor tried giving me a antenna only tv from 1996
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken probably 500 dollars on ebay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Weird, it had no rca inputs at all, some tvs had a front cover that opened that had the rca inputs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it had rca I'd probably take it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Mod it add them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it did, sometimes the covers were hard to open, almost hidden
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I bet it did, sometimes the covers were hard to open, almost hidden