SNES - Can someone help me with a screen capture?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yo, brave souls!

I need someone that has a SNES, with an RGB cable, or an S-Video, and check if the sky and power bar in F-Zero and the health bars in Street Fighter have dithering?

An image would be really sexy.

I've built an RGB cable and the dithering appears, and I just want to know if it is normal.

I'm also using a GBSControl and the image clarity is amazing, but as I've never seen the default RGB image in the good old days, I'm not sure if it should be there, or is it an artifact of bad RGB cable.

Mucho dinero para vosotros.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yo, brave souls!

I need someone that has a SNES, with an RGB cable, or an S-Video, and check if the sky and power bar in F-Zero and the health bars in Street Fighter have dithering?

An image would be really sexy.

I've built an RGB cable and the dithering appears, and I just want to know if it is normal.

I'm also using a GBSControl and the image clarity is amazing, but as I've never seen the default RGB image in the good old days, I'm not sure if it should be there, or is it an artifact of bad RGB cable.

Mucho dinero para vosotros.
That is how the SNES did transparency. The crossbleed on old CRTs masked the dithering with the result that it appeared as transparency. So yes, it's normal, and one of the drawbacks of having an ultra sharp image.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, I know that, but the health bars are not transparent.
Nor the background in F-Zero.
As I recall, only the power bar uses that effect in F-Zero.
Why would the background use it? It's not supposed to be transparent.
Edit: Oh, if you mean there's dithering on the gradients in the sky, that's perfectly normal too. It's common to use dithering on gradients when colors are limited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol