Hardware Snes 2 GBA

sethirion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been lately reading about GBA and SNES emulation, and having a feeling about the old good times.

After seeing the SNES Advance's web page I started to look information for the Snes controller to GBA link. To my surprise there was a SNES 2 GBA adapter long time ago at a web page that is no longer avaible.

I would like to do it myself, and solve a problem about a voltage. After doing more research about this I found about a program that could patch ANY GBA file to make it able to use the adapter: SNES Controller 2 GBA Patcher (it was mentioned on the PocketHeaven link).
I have to have that program! so my search started and ended painful with this result. For some weird reason I couldn't get, until now, to the same page but this time with an attachment.

I downloaded... still hasn't test it yet, but I will try to get the SNES Advance work at my Slot-1 with my EZFlash5 - 3in1. They said it works even for the GBA player, yet I do not have a Slot-2 GBA sized to put it on my GBA SP with the link port; I am planning to get a EZFlash4 hoping to work with this.

Has anyone got this to work (SNES to GBA link)?

PS: I will try to get everything to solder one then add my mods, just for fun.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been a small project of mine on-and-off for the past year, as it interested me greatly. The problem I face is that NONE of the GBA linker cables I find have the right pins. Apparently, even though there are 6 pins on the link cable plug, only 4 wires are actually needed for 2-player or 4-player gameplay, the other two being optional, and all the cables I find only have 4 wires inside. The SNES controller needs those 2 missing ones, one of which is power and the other is a serial signal of some sort. Even the official Nintendo linker cable doesn't have all 6.

Heck, I even bought a GBA-to-Gamecube adapter, thinking that surely there must be some circuitry in there that requires power and is thus guaranteed to have all the wires I need, but no.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than me. One quick tip: the cheap purple and clear linker cables that DealExtreme sells are the wrong kind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on washing them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on washing them. :D