OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kovani said:
What do you mean? I already have this file on my NAND backup. Do I have to do something else?
Then try without it. I expected you haven't it in sys/ so I assumed this solution, as I had a similiar problem with the shop channel in "beta ph3".

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can download channels from the Wii Shop channel, but downloading songs still doesn't work with RB2 and GH5 music store even without the device.cert.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been reading through the thread.

I got sneek working, and launching one of my Wii's nand (on another wii) .

Few questions which i'm sure have been asked, but maybe not in the same context.

1. When I try to launch HBC, i get the scam warning screen then, HBC seems to load, and I get a middle finger and a blank blue page. Is this normal. If so, whats the easiest way to go about removing HBC on this nand and re-installing it??

2. When I try to launch any of my previously installed USB loaders, they attempt to load and then crash and I get returned to the emulated nand sys menu. Is this normal and can someone quickly explain to me why . Not looking for a fix, just an understanding.

3. When cIOS r18 is released, does this mean USB Loaders will work on an emulated nand - assuming that Sneek works on cIOS R18 .

Cheers!

Just trying to slowly piece together whats supported and whats not at the minute.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w_n_s said:
1. When I try to launch HBC, i get the scam warning screen then, HBC seems to load, and I get a middle finger and a blank blue page. Is this normal. If so, whats the easiest way to go about removing HBC on this nand and re-installing it??

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=205511&st=1005

The scam warning is triggered by a mismatch between the TMD of the HBC on your SNEEK NAND and the console ID of the Wii you are running it on.

You have 3 options to prevent the scam warning without reinstalling HBC:

1. Copy the HBC TMD from the Wii you are running SNEEK on to the SNEEK NAND on the SD card.
2. Copy a device.cert file to /sys/ on the SNEEK NAND and edit the console ID to match the ID of the Wii that the NAND is from.
3. Follow these steps:
QUOTEThe HBC TMD can be "fakesigned" to prevent the scam screen on a virgin SNEEK NAND (well not truly fakesigned, but...):

1. Hexedit device.cert and change consoleID (0xC6) to 11111111. Make sure device.cert is in sys/
2. Hexedit TMD of HBC and change 8 bytes starting at 0x1C6 to B2 B8 8B A4 EB 25 19 51

The blank HBC page is normal if you are not running the SD enabled version of SNEEK and you do not have any apps on a USB device (even if you do have apps on USB you may need to press '1' and select the USB device in HBC).

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fogbank said:
The SD enabled version can read the SD card. It displays the apps on my SD card when I start the HBC. You may need to try a different SD card.

QUOTE(tHciNc @ Feb 24 2010, 02:45 AM) Works fine with sd enabled, must be card
My own stupid fault was editing the wrong line in main.c in es module

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're talking about rebuiding shared2 folder structure (and other folder) it depends by the SD performance. Crediar wrote of about 5 minutes. My SD took about 2 minutes but I had USBgecko, so I was able to see what was happens. Another SD lasted more longer so in USBgecko I was able to see that it was blocked in one file.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It took me a day to figure out a way to store Rock Band 2 DLC on an SDHC card, because I have a problem downloading songs with Sneek (am I the only one?). Steps are time-consuming, but it works. If you are curious on how to do this, here is what I did. I'm pretty sure there is an easier way to achieve this, but anyway.

1. Download your songs from the music store and save them to your non-SDHC card using your real NAND.
2. Use DLC packer/unpacker (Google it) to unpack the .bin files from your private folder of your SD card. You should now have .app files.
3. Put them on the right folder located on \title\ 00010005\________\content\ of your NAND dump.
4. Use Sneek to launch Rock Band 2 and enjoy!

I didn't have a chance to test Guitar Hero 5 DLC. I'm not sure if the DLC tool will unpack .bin files correctly.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kovani said:
It took me a day to figure out a way to store Rock Band 2 DLC on an SDHC card, because I have a problem downloading songs with Sneek (am I the only one?). Steps are time-consuming, but it works. If you are curious on how to do this, here is what I did. I'm pretty sure there is an easier way to achieve this, but anyway.

1. Download your songs from the music store and save them to your non-SDHC card using your real NAND.
2. Use DLC packer/unpacker (Google it) to unpack the .bin files from your private folder of your SD card. You should now have .app files.
3. Put them on the right folder located on \title\ 00010005\________\content\ of your NAND dump.

I didn't have a chance to test Guitar Hero 5 DLC. I'm not sure if the DLC tool will unpack .bin files correctly.

Or just download straight from nus, then run through decrypter and you got the app files. Got a 8gig SDHC with 700+ downloaded songs (complete first 3 gens). I had issues downloading dlc in sneek even with sd enabled

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tHciNc said:
Or just download straight from nus, then run through decrypter and you got the app files. Got a 8gig SDHC with 700+ downloaded songs (complete first 3 gens). I had issues downloading dlc in sneek even with sd enabled

How can you store 3 generations on one 8GB SDHC when a single generation is about 5.5GB... You can have 1 and a half (or your SDHC is bigger than 8GB).
Anyway your methode is the fastest.

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
zoomx said:
If you're talking about rebuiding shared2 folder structure (and other folder) it depends by the SD performance. Crediar wrote of about 5 minutes. My SD took about 2 minutes but I had USBgecko, so I was able to see what was happens. Another SD lasted more longer so in USBgecko I was able to see that it was blocked in one file.

I'm having trouble getting sneek to start.
All I get is a black screen.

I've tried setting the bootmii.ini setting to Video=PAL60, and BOOTDELAY=0 but still nothing...

Are you saying that the first boot time could take 5 mins?
I've only tried it for about a min, and nothing happened.
My TV shows the "AV 1" thing as well, so it looks like no video is being output.

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, I was talking of a NAND made only of system menu, some IOSes and the file setting.txt, nothing else. If you have a full dump, with your configuration, sneek will start in seconds, depending how much cannels you have. Usually video signal break for few seconds after end of bootmii and the start of sneek with a black screen, different from before, there is a video signal but it is black. Then, after some seconds, you get the healt screen.

Usually problems are due to bad dump or sd incompatibility (slow SD). You can try to start using only System menu 3.2, IOS 35 and IOS 30 plus setting.txt.

Good Luck!

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kovani said:

I tried this with Electro Rock for Guitar Hero 5 and it worked okay. I'll try it with my other DLC. Thanks for the tip!
lecture.gif

Just out of curiosity, would this work with RawkSD-generated content? (For RB2 obviously, not GH5)

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this is old news (it was posted 7hrs ago), but from Waninkoko's twitter:
QUOTE said:
Today is tomorrow!! (today is what?) Rev18 release and modules source update in github coming soon.

Checked his github and the newest modules haven't been posted yet, so I imagine it will be up soon.

I just set up SNEEK (late to the party, I know) and I read the first 10 pages and last 5 pages (can't be bothered to read all 75) so I have one simple question. The first 10 pages implied that compiling boot2 with sd support would result in errors when writing, and I saw a couple posts in the last 5 pages that implied (though not explicitly) some degree of success with writing to the SD card in SNEEK emulated NAND.

Can someone tell me if there has been any success in this are yet? Thanks.

orez-a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a good dump and device.cert from another Wii. Everything seemed OK and I could visit Wii Shop without any problem.
When I tried to "Remove Wii Shop Channel Account", I got the error code 205928 after the serial no. submitted.
Anyone got the same problem?

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have been running SNEEK2 problem free for some time now. I have always wanted to experiment with Priiloader but have been afraid to do so on my real Wii. Is it possible to install Priiloader on my SNEEK nand? If I do install to my SNEEK nand will it touch my real Wii? I am just having troubles figuring out where on the Wii Priiloader installs to. From what I understand it installs into or on top of the system menu, if that is the case then it should be completely safe to run on my Wii while using SNEEK2. Basically I want to install Priiloader without modifying my Wii at all, I just want to be sure that it fiddles with the emulated Wii exclusively. I am also wondering how you would access the Priiloader menu from the SNEEK nand. When would you hold reset during the bootup process? Thanks for any help.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jsugarsmacks said:
Hi all, I have been running SNEEK2 problem free for some time now. I have always wanted to experiment with Priiloader but have been afraid to do so on my real Wii. Is it possible to install Priiloader on my SNEEK nand? If I do install to my SNEEK nand will it touch my real Wii? I am just having troubles figuring out where on the Wii Priiloader installs to. From what I understand it installs into or on top of the system menu, if that is the case then it should be completely safe to run on my Wii while using SNEEK2. Basically I want to install Priiloader without modifying my Wii at all, I just want to be sure that it fiddles with the emulated Wii exclusively. I am also wondering how you would access the Priiloader menu from the SNEEK nand. When would you hold reset during the bootup process? Thanks for any help.

Have no fear, trust in SNEEK. There is one thing SNEEK will never do: sneeking in your real NAND. ^^
I was in the same situation.
Just put the newest Priiloader installer on your USB-drive, run it once and it will crash. Restart and run it a second time and it will succeed just use IOS36 for installation not 249 because it will crash except it is Rev18 but I dont know yet if it works.
Now restart and you will see the priiloader menu go to settings and disable autoboot priiloader and save.
Remove your SD and go to ROOT:/title/00000001/00000002/content/. You will see a 000000XX.app and a 100000XX.app this is your system menu.(XX marks your system region and version e.g. XX>>7e)
100000XX.app must be replaced with the original 000000XX.app preferably from a NAND-dump before installing Priiloader. If there are two files with a "1" on the first position you have to replace them both.
Start your Wii with the SD and Priiloader will show up this time you'll be abled to install hacks and start the systemmenu. Just be sure to put a valid hacks.ini for your systemversion on your USB-drive.
Sorry I dont know how you start Priiloader from SNEEK if you set autoboot to systemmenu.
Hope this helps.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Heathcliff said:
tHciNc said:

How can you store 3 generations on one 8GB SDHC when a single generation is about 5.5GB... You can have 1 and a half (or your SDHC is bigger than 8GB).
Anyway your methode is the fastest.

Sorry its a 16gig, and it takes 14.6 just for the dlc

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
With cIOSX r18, is it now possible to store RB DLC on a USB drive using SNEEK?

Do not believe so. that's not really an IOS thing, though if you use an emulated nand you can store up to 16gb like someone above has mentioned ^^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto