Hacking SNEEK v2

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
I having compiling issues too. want a compiled module to enable sd support
I have an idea but I don't know if it could be done how about using a USB Mass Storage or a USB Stick to make it the replacement for SD since SNEEK is using the SD Slot. Or find a way to force the SD Card to read the Private folder on your SD Card if it can read this:

SD:/
* bootmii/
o armboot.bin
o ppcboot.elf (the one that came with BootMii)
o bootmii.ini (autoboot enabled)
* boot2.bin
* import
* meta
* shared1
* shared2
* sys
* ticket
* title
* tmp

then it can read the private folder. If not then find a way to use a USB Stick or USB Mass Storage so it can act like an SD Card.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
why not just use "bootmii switch" to launch bootmii as IOS, it can also switch bootmii and ~bootmii folders, so that u can switch between sneek, bootmii, cboot2, or nothing (any 2 of the 4 at a time obviously). And I have a bootmii booter dol, I think Daco released it just before he released priiloader (when preloader had no direct access to bootmii). If any1 wants that let me know and I can pull it from my databanks
wink.gif

but isn't the downside of using a channel to switch between sneek and your real nand is that it only works one way? Correct me if i'm wrong, but if u start on your real nand, then launch the bootmii IOS channel, it will launch sneek (assuming all the right files are there, w/e), but then if u are on sneek, there is no way to get back to the real nand (without removing or modifying the SD card and restarting the wii) right?

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to launch bootmii, withouth bootmii in boot2 and bootmii as IOS?

The idea is to start sneek starting from bannerbomb without installing anything in the Wii.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zoomx said:
Is there a way to launch bootmii, withouth bootmii in boot2 and bootmii as IOS?

The idea is to start sneek starting from bannerbomb without installing anyting in the Wii.

No unfortunately. The only way to run code on the ARM without BootMii is by installing it to the nand and launching it as an IOS and erm, that's what BootMii IOS does.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just early this morning, I see the tell tale sign of a blue light on my wii. Boot it up, and see no message, but then, I look at the gecko status on the laptop it is hooked up to, and realized that sneek is still running in the background when the wii goes into standby while sneek is running. As a result, I had to boot into the sneek nand, and ended up seeing the message stored there instead.

dustin6908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my interntet whent down sooo im back

and still tryin to get sneek to run

im using bootmii back up
priloader removed

tried compileing my own
tried using precompiled files and tool form sneek google site
tried using xflax guide

for all when i boot bootmii my wii power light stays on but then jus black screen on tv and my tv says no signal im in the process of jus lettin it sit there if it jus really slow the first time

any body with similar experience help appreciated

im also very interested in what i saw someone else posting about using minmal files to get sneek to boot from nusd and mpossible being able to make ur own nanad stetup with whatever sysmenue from nusd

i would like to play around with the sysmenu versions

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your nand dump is missing some files. What did you use to make it? Just make another dump but make sure it is a full dump. Same thing happened to me.

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dustin6908 said:
im also very interested in what i saw someone else posting about using minmal files to get sneek to boot from nusd and mpossible being able to make ur own nanad stetup with whatever sysmenue from nusd

your probably thinking of this post

wilsoff said:
I've been playing with getting dumps running by downloading as much as possible using NUSD. Here's what I've found:

Files that don't come from NUSD, i.e. you need to get them from a dump of your Wii and put them on your sd card are:
Code:
../boot2.bin
../bootmii/armboot.bin
../bootmii/bootmii.ini
../bootmii/ppcboot.elf
../sys/cert.sys
../title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt
7 File(s) 413,536 bytes
Things I got from NUSD:
CODEBoot2_v4
EULA_v2 (requires IOS 17)
Region Select_v1 (requires IOS 31)
Systemmenu_v289/290 (3.2U/3.2E)
IOS17_v518
IOS30_v1040
IOS31_v1040
Some of this probaly is not required, but I just wanted to see if this would work. Other people may figure out what can be taken out.

Note: setting.txt is region specific, i.e. the systemmenu you download from NUSD for this method MUST be the same region as the dump you got setting.txt from (otherwise you get an opera error)

Once you've gone through this process once your dumps should run very close to real nand speed.

But... as is, these dumps are almost useless! You'll need to add in HBC and more IOSs to make this useable.

Perhaps people can play with this method and see what we can trim out and what we need to add in to make HBC run. I tried adding HBC an IOS61, but it returned straight to the Wii menu. (My SD card reader just died, so can't continue to test. Perhaps IOS36 would do the trick?)

Once we define what a "standard dump" should include we can start running the speed tests! -> http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...D_Compatibility

EDIT: These "dumps" are around 29.5mb to 30.5mb depending on region

I haven't gotten the minimal dumps to work, they always end up booting with the blinking blue light but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
wilsoff, are you sure you need region select v1, I know NUS says v2 is korea only but if you run a simulated sys upgrade in NUS it grabs v2.
They way I did it was to grab all the WADs through NUS, saved them to a seperate directory on my desktop then ran showmiithewads, opened that new folder with showmiithewads, changed the NAND directory option to the root of my SD card then extracted all the wads to NAND, which looked like it created all the proper files/folders then copied cert.sys and settings.txt from my full dump to the proper locations. My full dumps work but they normally brick after rebooting once or twice.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
I used ShowMiiWads to extract a BootMii backup of my NAND. Everything works except the Homebrew Channel loads upside down. On my real NAND the Homebrew Channel works fine. I used NUSD to download a clean IOS61 (unpatched) and then used ShowMiiWads to install it to my NAND backup. The HBC still loads upside down.

I reinstalled HBC on my real NAND, made a new BootMii backup, extracted it using ShowMiiWads, and now HBC loads correctly on my SNEEK NAND and on my real NAND.

It's still not clear to me why HBC would load normally on my real NAND and upside down on my SNEEK NAND.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrplowdan said:
I haven't gotten the minimal dumps to work, they always end up booting with the blinking blue light but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
wilsoff, are you sure you need region select v1, I know NUS says v2 is korea only but if you run a simulated sys upgrade in NUS it grabs v2.
They way I did it was to grab all the WADs through NUS, saved them to a seperate directory on my desktop then ran showmiithewads, opened that new folder with showmiithewads, changed the NAND directory option to the root of my SD card then extracted all the wads to NAND, which looked like it created all the proper files/folders then copied cert.sys and settings.txt from my full dump to the proper locations. My full dumps work but they normally brick after rebooting once or twice.
I've checked it and the files / elements listed above are what I use and it works every time. You can try regionselect v2, but I defintely use V1.

Try creating the minimal nand on your hard drive and then copying it to your SD - shouldn't make a difference, but it seemed to on mine.

1. Create folder
2. Point showmiiwads to that folder
3. Download all wads from NUSD
4. Add all of those wads to showmiiwads
5. Select all in showmiiwads
6. right click and press extract to nand
7. format sd card
8. copy all files from created folder to SD card
9. copy cert.sys and setting.txt
10. copy bootmii folder to sd card (sneek version)
11. copy boot2.bin to sd card

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wilsoff said:
Try creating the minimal nand on your hard drive and then copying it to your SD - shouldn't make a difference, but it seemed to on mine.
Sorry if this has been answered already, but what are the minimal/required wads you need if I want to create a nand dump from scratch? EULA, region select, system menu, system menu IOS.... what else?

thanks a lot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto