Smash 4 Details revealed

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mudassirul said:
Train your characters, i hate the idea! i want to be able to jump in and play when a wherever like at home or a friends without the hassle of grinding my character to be strong enough to have a fair chance, heck i don't understand how the stickers worked on brawl and could not careless about them

And, as I'm sure you saw, you didn't need to use them, nor where they usable in multiplayer. The customizing will likely just be an option.

What I'd love to see, though, would be costume customization. You know - official costumes. I'd like to be able to customize what Samus' armor looks like, for example. It doesn't need to effect the stats in anyway - just purely cosmetic. I think it'd add a really personal flare to the series.

And apparently, Capcom isn't out of the running for acceptable third party characters, either, so I'm excited to see the roster.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope it doesn't have freaking clones this time. They said Brawl wouldn't have any, but it had more then the others, some characters even had 2 clones.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing that worries me, is if they decide to make these transferable characters Mii's

We have enough games that have those blasted abominations of who knows what in them. We don't need another vessel for them.

Now if you get to design your own character and his moveset, then this'll be freaking awesome, and I'll be sold on getting a 3DS. Otherwise I'm skeptical about it. Still nice to see that they're going to be making one for a handheld for once, it's almost perfect.

Of course I have no doubt that it will have some multi-player in case one decides not to get the Wii U.

-Give Luigi lightning based attacks by the way, I don't see him using fireballs in the M&L Series, or in most games anymore anyways.
-Remove ****ing tripping...god I hate tripping.
-Nerf Meta-knight, but make him still usable.
-Moar bosses!
-Nerf or kill off Ike. Roy was much cooler anyways.
-Hyrule 64 back, Nao!
-Fountain of Dreams
-Mewtwo, but make him less prone to getting flung off the stage like a pussy. For being a medium-heavyweight he sure seems to have low aerial resistance.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Hope it doesn't have freaking clones this time. They said Brawl wouldn't have any, but it had more then the others, some characters even had 2 clones.
Clones? No one had the same move sets...

Like Dr.Mario and Mario.
tongue.gif

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Giga_Gaia said:

Like Dr.Mario and Mario.
tongue.gif

Actually KingVamps right, Doctor Mario had somewhat different movesets, I seem to remember him hitting harder and stronger than Mario, but being slower. His jump also from what I remember was not as good as Mario's. His Pills were also more annoying than the fireballs.

He's still what I would call a pseudo-clone though, but that's just me.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't think Pit is going anywhere now that they're releasing Uprising.

And I don't want them to remove broken characters. They should just change them to make the game more balanced.

Guild McCommunist said:
dangerboy said:
Can we get the topic changed please? the name of the game is not SMASH4. WTF????

SMASH 4 sounds so gay. even gayer than catboys screen name.

There's no official name so it's technically "Super Smash Bros. 4" for now. AKA Smash 4.

Stop using the term "gay" to negatively describe things. It's really annoying and makes you look like a retarded middle schooler.
I get the feeling he is one.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Hydreigon said:
ShinyLatios said:
just destroy Ike, meta knight and pit and I'll be happy.
oh and add DLC characters. that'd be just AWESOME!
I like the idea of extra content.

DLC isn't really extra content, it's just content they cut from the game, content they couldn't have in time for the launch, or content they couldn't fit on the disc. It's basically just a way to make you pay more for a game after you buy it.
Depends on the DLC. In Fable's case, that's exactly what it is. In Fallout 3's, not so much.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
KingVamp said:
Giga_Gaia said:

Like Dr.Mario and Mario.
tongue.gif

Actually KingVamps right, Doctor Mario had somewhat different movesets, I seem to remember him hitting harder and stronger than Mario, but being slower. His jump also from what I remember was not as good as Mario's. His Pills were also more annoying than the fireballs.

He's still what I would call a pseudo-clone though, but that's just me.

They're still basically clones. They both had the same move set (B was to throw a bouncing projectile, Down+B was spin, Up+B was that jump thing, Side+B was deflect), just a bit of a difference in power and speed (not as drastic as say Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, though). They still kept a bunch of clones though that had minor differences (Toon Link is basically a reskinned Young Link, Luigi is still there, they added Lucas, kept Falco and added Wolf, Ganondorf is still there, and I think that's all of them).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
They're still basically clones. They both had the same move set (B was to throw a bouncing projectile, Down+B was spin, Up+B was that jump thing, Side+B was deflect), just a bit of a difference in power and speed (not as drastic as say Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, though). They still kept a bunch of clones though that had minor differences (Toon Link is basically a reskinned Young Link, Luigi is still there, they added Lucas, kept Falco and added Wolf, Ganondorf is still there, and I think that's all of them).
ok...What wrong with "clones" that not exactly the same?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ok...What wrong with "clones" that not exactly the same?

They've got a huge library of characters but they decided to just include similar characters and give them similar move sets. I'd rather them have different characters with different move sets (although I do use Lucas a lot).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
Iwata summed it the basic idea nicely: players would spend time on the 3DS version, building up their character and collecting stuff, then show off their skills on the Wii U version."

so building up what does that mean level up like a rpg char? if that's the case than peeps will just lvl the hell out of their char on the 3ds and bring them into the wii u and be better every time. i don't like that idea 1 bit.

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:
Iwata summed it the basic idea nicely: players would spend time on the 3DS version, building up their character and collecting stuff, then show off their skills on the Wii U version."

so building up what does that mean level up like a rpg char? if that's the case than peeps will just lvl the hell out of their char on the 3ds and bring them into the wii u and be better every time. i don't like that idea 1 bit.

if you dont like it, dont use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3DS connectivity will not be required.

i hope more games do stuff like this

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dangerboy said:
Bladexdsl said:
QUOTE said:

if you dont like it, dont use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3DS connectivity will not be required. why must dumbasses like u talk shit about things u dont even know about it and assume its going to be terrible or have unbalanced fighting.
it will be online think about it moron instead of typing shit out of your fingers. fucking newbs

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know about this anymore... If the 3DS version is just gonna be some type of infinite training, I'd expect it to be a 3DSWare download for free. I need multiplayer, goddammit!
tongue.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only "clone" in Brawl is Toon Link - all of the other characters (Falco/Wolf, Lucas, and Luigi) might have similar B moves (even though they all possess different qualities, so they aren't the same moves), but most, if not all of their A moves are completely different - and A moves out rank B moves in sheer number. They have different stats, too (weight, speed, strength, etc) - so I wouldn't call them clones. They play completely different. Having 4 similar moves isn't enough, I don't think.

I don't know what to think about Ganondorf. He IS a clone of Falcon, but he plays so vastly different from Falcon that it's hard to say. I do know that he deserved a different move set, though. He's a versatile character - he could've made an awesome blend of Link and Zelda, but NOPE.

I think this clears up the clone deal pretty nicely.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Giga_Gaia said:

Like Dr.Mario and Mario.
tongue.gif
But that's what they are. They are clones of the other characters. That's what they're unofficially categorized as, just as Windaga linked to.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i know something they could do, you know the trophys that yuo find like on brawl and melee of the characters? with spotpass you can earn them like the pokedex 3d. that could eb cool,

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Anakir said:
Get at me.
Please don't. The internet is one of the few places in which I don't have to endure the crappy modern teenage slang of my peers.
HOMEBOYS CHILLIN IN DA CRIB N U COM IN DER HATIN WIT UR GRAMMAR
Y U SO MAD HOMESLICE, U CANT STAND R MAD SKILLZ BIZZNITCH?
(Is that "modern" slang or shit rapper slang?)

And I'm excited for a portable Smash Bros, finally. I sincerely hope that half-assed games that should be eShop exclusive seeing a retail release doesn't become a habit for Nintendo, though.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What Ganondorf really should get is something like a mix of his current set, with attacks similar to those seen in TP (If that's the Ganondorf they keep. His current attacks may be similar to those of Captain Falcon, but he does play vastly different (Slower, Heavier, harder hitting, more stun)

He could change his moveset when he draws his sword and taunts, or something like that.

Or if worse comes to worse, we could add in Toon Ganondorf (Or as I call him Shogun Ganondorf). If I remember correctly Toon Ganondorf hardly used his fists outside of punching Zelda in the Wind Waker, so he'd make a great non-clone alternate of Ganondorf.

serpenter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What about single player story mode. Subspace was fine - though the harder difficulties a bit poorly done. However i think it'd be more interesting for it to be based of the lore of the characters, rather than sidelining bowser and dorf for that taboo guy, let them guys have the leading role.

That said, master hand is fine. I just think the subspace characters were generally uninspired =/

And personally, i would like to see a decent number of new characters. I'd also like to see alterations to old characters, based on their current, more recent games. Luigi getting his poltergust, give falco an airwing, base pit on the new kid Icarus game etc.

Hopefully the wii U allows game updates, as the current gen consoles do. Balancing issues could be resolved this way, after all - though as long as all characters are reasonably usable, and we don't end up with another metaknight, the game should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4