XP
Country
United States
As long as it:

1. Looks as good as Brawl did
2. Plays as well as Melee did
3. Is as "party-friendly" as 64 was
4. Has 3rd party Characters

I'll be grateful. Hell, what am I saying, Im grateful we're getting another Smash Bros at ALL, let alone two.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
Schlupi said:
Ugh... I HOPE you can still play online with the 3DS version. If they water it down and make the Wii U version the "good" one I will be so pissed.
The Wii U version will be the good one.

Let's just hope the 3DS version isn't the one that's shit.
Honestly I'm thinking the 3DS version will be better right now, but we'll have to wait and see.
If the 3DS version even comes out that is.

Thats true. He said if it gets to be too much, they'll cancel the game and focus on the wiiu version.

I hope this doesn't end up like pokemon, where i have to buy both versions to get all the features. I still don't know if i'll get the wiiu. The wii, while great, really only had 1st party support and if the wiiu continues that trend, i'd doubt i'd get one.

The 3ds has 8Gs to work with, so in theory, they could even port brawl to the 3ds.

I would like some new characters, but to be honest, i can't see them adding too much these days. maybe about 10 more to go, if that, before they start picking from the bottom of the barrel. I'll be watching both versions very closely.

also, i want the dojo updates too

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
You know Ill shut my bitchy Nintendo mouth for this time you know. No fan boy-talk for once.

I think this game will be okay. Lets hope they balance the characters a bit etc. update visuals add something people will hype the hell off.

I am happy if they do what I said.

Also don't add to many new characters this could lead to make it more unbalanced. Take Ike from Brawl if your using it right its way to overpowered. It becomes boring to play Smash and you'll lose your interest on some moments. This is my personal experience.

Of course make it Nintendo ONLY. Sonic is okay(since people can play with him) Snake would also be no problem but let the rest OUT of it. Simon Belmont for example try to think about his attacks. They need to be balanced and smooth. Thats HARD work. And if they will use the Final Smashes again then I really would like to see a good offensive attack, so freaking crosses are so dissorentating. I cannot remember a character using a big item to throw to others while they are in Final Smash. Make it like Castlevania Judgment.(Simon's Final Smash)

The more characters the funner the match just make them completely diverse same with items,assists, etc. And it's Smash Bros. You gotta love it. Brawl was amazing even though it did have some problems.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
just destroy Ike, meta knight and pit and I'll be happy.

Seriously, these guys are WAAAAAAAAAY to overpowered.

oh and add DLC characters. that'd be just AWESOME!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like the 3DS version to offer something to different with the series, fans will bitch so I think its a good thing that that's what the devs are thinking.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:
Wait... trained characters?
There goes fair multiplayer matches.

I have a feeling it'll be like Dissida to some extent but it'll of course have a level cap and stuff. Although it'll mean if you want to be viable in multiplayer, unless there's an option to do it without "trained mods" on, you'll have to grind your character to whatever the max is.

I still don't see what was wrong with just sticking to the original formula, adding new characters and stages, and maybe mixing some things up a bit. Maybe some different action mapping, counter attacks, stuff like that.

That can stay in my nice DOA game.
laugh.gif

QUOTE(ShinyLatios @ Jun 13 2011, 03:45 PM)

But but they can't. I like those characters and would be surprise if Pit didn't come over.

More Pit characters may come?

I'll trust them, I have never been overall disappointed by SSB.

Base on what happens, I'll get both.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinyLatios said:

I doubt Ike and Meta Knight will be in SSB4, but I'm almost sure Pit will be.

Also, I'm not much of an "online gamer", but I really hope they expand the online for this one,l it has a lot of potential.

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get the topic changed please? the name of the game is not SMASH4. WTF????

SMASH 4 sounds so gay. even gayer than catboys screen name.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dangerboy said:
Can we get the topic changed please? the name of the game is not SMASH4. WTF????

There's no official name so it's technically "Super Smash Bros. 4" for now. AKA Smash 4.

Stop using the term "gay" to negatively describe things. It's really annoying and makes you look like a retarded middle schooler.

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
ShinyLatios said:

I like the idea of extra content. They could also add stages via SpotPass.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hydreigon said:
ShinyLatios said:
I like the idea of extra content.

DLC isn't really extra content, it's just content they cut from the game, content they couldn't have in time for the launch, or content they couldn't fit on the disc. It's basically just a way to make you pay more for a game after you buy it.

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
dangerboy said:

There's no official name so it's technically "Super Smash Bros. 4" for now. AKA Smash 4.

Stop using the term "gay" to negatively describe things. It's really annoying and makes you look like a retarded middle schooler.

i didnt use the term gay to negatively describe anything. gay is neither positive nor negative, its just gay. if u think its negative then u hate gays. so u r the middleschooler. and if u r a middleschooler than catboy will beat u up for talkin shit about hom0s.

call the game smash bros!!! what the fuck is smash4??? Smash Cars for playstation? Smash TV? Theres a game called Smash Frenzy 4.

but this game is smash BROTHERS!!!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hydreigon said:
ShinyLatios said:

I like the idea of extra content. They could also add stages via SpotPass.
smile.gif

And Streetpass.

Guild McCommunist said:
Hydreigon said:
QUOTE(ShinyLatios @ Jun 13 2011, 03:45 PM)
I like the idea of extra content.

DLC isn't really extra content, it's just content they cut from the game, content they couldn't have in time for the launch, or content they couldn't fit on the disc. It's basically just a way to make you pay more for a game after you buy it.
Not if it says free on the 3DS. I doubt it....

[youtube]vkQTgjGboWQ[/youtube]

laugh.gif

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are they really going to call it SMASH 4. its all about the BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koopas, the troopas, the Princess and the others, hangin' with the plumbers, you'll be hooked on the

B R O T H E R S!

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Train your characters, i hate the idea! i want to be able to jump in and play when a wherever like at home or a friends without the hassle of grinding my character to be strong enough to have a fair chance, heck i don't understand how the stickers worked on brawl and could not careless about them

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mudassirul said:
Train your characters, i hate the idea! i want to be able to jump in and play when a wherever like at home or a friends without the hassle of grinding my character to be strong enough to have a fair chance, heck i don't understand how the stickers worked on brawl and could not careless about them

hey dumbass, did u even read the article? they wrote a whole paragraph+ about why thats not a problem!! next time try reading before u complain about something being wrong with it that is not really wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone. He feels it could be nice if they can make the “personal” portable space and the stadium-like “public” console space mesh together.

Iwata summed it the basic idea nicely: players would spend time on the 3DS version, building up their character and collecting stuff, then show off their skills on the Wii U version."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's...