ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will soon upload a video about a Little mac mod that makes you Big Mac Giga Mac all the time (For short, i placed the FinalAir code at the end of AttackAirLw and "Replaced" the code of FinalAirEnd with FinalAir and the code of FinalEnd with Final) and an update of my marth mod so stay tuned

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cydget for the cachegen, allowing SaltySD hacks to be played online due to reasonable loading speeds being achieved
I enjoy the credit, but I did not in any way develop/contribute to cachegen.py that was entirely shinyquagsire23. I never realized this was ever here, because I never read the full post. If you could change/remove that I would be thankful.

Reactions: BlastXDX

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does the cache file not work on N3DS? Loading times seem to be just as slow for me as they were before. Does the cache file speed up loading times quite a bit, but not as much as a base Smash game?

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me, or does the cache file not work on N3DS? Loading times seem to be just as slow for me as they were before. Does the cache file speed up loading times quite a bit, but not as much as a base Smash game?
The cache file works on N3ds and it's so much faster than without. For proof you can watch my videos

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's the command that you used for generating cache

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody been able to edit kirby's down special like the texture for it? I have been trying, but Im not sure Im editing the right files. I edited /model/fighter/kirby/stone and other "stone..." folders, but there seams to be no change.
latest

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest update for SaltySD (version 1.1.5), but I can't play online with Smash. Says that I need to update.

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the latest update for SaltySD (version 1.1.5), but I can't play online with Smash. Says that I need to update.
On which firmware are you. Because Nintendo added a version filter on all of their servers, that means that you have to have the latest firm version. so you have to spoof your firm or update your Emunand

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, u have saltysd 1.1.5!? I've been looking everywhere, could u link it to me? Also smash bros requires the latest firmware to play online, so if ur not using emunand........ do it.

PokemonCrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put up a version on a certain ISO site that removes the update nag. I haven't tried going online with it but it's worth a shot.

Absolutely not. I am NOT a pirate.
But the files would be the exact same if he extracted your CXI for you...

Reactions: Red9419

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got mega-man's model to work with Lucas. Seems like not all model swapping works. Some freeze and some don't.
HNI_0095_zpspamvrfca.jpg
HNI_0094_zpsrbyhfmqp.jpg

HNI_0093_zpsjr83urwx.jpg
HNI_0092_zpseap2fmhq.jpg
yo, so i got mostly everything working, but im trying to make a mod based off of alpharad's luigi x luigi mod, where everyone's captain falcon. So far i've tried with mario and magaman. After i replace normal.bch and normal.mbn, it either results in a crash or nothing happening whatsoever. What files did you change? Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Last edited by Giodude,

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yo, so i got mostly everything working, but im trying to make a mod based off of alpharad's luigi x luigi mod, where everyone's captain falcon. So far i've tried with mario and magaman. After i replace normal.bch and normal.mbn, it either results in a crash or nothing happening whatsoever. What files did you change? Any idea what i'm doing wrong?
You have to copy the whole c0x and h0x folders, and Alpharad's mod is made by TS4M, and it's impossible to do on 3ds because first, most of model swaps won't work and we can't add more alt for the moment (On 3ds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol