Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Android all the way.

Android Market is like a big ol love fest, and the Apple App store is like something found in 1984.
Shame the actual market app is complete trash. Its one of Android's biggest failings since the beginning.

Amazon's Android market is much nicer though (even has a full android emulator in the web client which gives you 30 minutes to test drive an app), and it may be enough if Google sits back and lets them fill the void.

QUOTEplus, Android is open source.
Which for the most part has proven to be a bad thing.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
TwinRetro said:
Android all the way.

Android Market is like a big ol love fest, and the Apple App store is like something found in 1984.
Shame the actual market app is complete trash. Its one of Android's biggest failings since the beginning.

Amazon's Android market is much nicer though (even has a full android emulator in the web client which gives you 30 minutes to test drive an app), and it may be enough if Google sits back and lets them fill the void.

the amazon marketplace is awesome but people without amazon accounts are kind of left out, even for the free apps
i'm hoping that it will make the people at google realize their market kind of sucks nuts and make it awesome

and google's recently been tightening up android

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to say Android, installed leaked gingerbread 2.3.3 on my Droid X, and it's faster then ever and getting close too two days of moderate use on single charge of battery

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Urza said:
TwinRetro said:
Android all the way.

I have to agree on both counts. The market app IS trash, and I have been using the Amazon app store since I found out about it last week. (yay for free apps!)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
the amazon marketplace is awesome but people without amazon accounts are kind of left out, even for the free apps
It takes 5 seconds to make an Amazon account, and there are no region or payment requirements.

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android all the way.

Customizable. Emulators, Custom ROMs, it's all win.

I got a Droid 1 clocked at 1GHz, running CyanogenMod 7 RC4 which is a Gingerbread rom, and my phone is a freaking powerhouse.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
ProtoKun7 said:
What is wrong with the Market app?

fake app's and viruses...

due to the way the market works anyone can add a new app almost instantly because there isn't a tight approval process
there isn't an approval process, things just get pulled later if they don't abide by the rules

and fake apps/viruses aren't any big problem unless you search the market for obscure apps and don't even look at the permissions

the market sucks because it is terrible at highlighting the quality apps, you need to discover them yourself or from different places

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I thought you were referring to the application rather than the market itself.

Although the app doesn't do a good job of notifying you of updates automatically.

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Android FTW.

A few years ago I probably would've voted iOS, but Android has as much 3rd party support as iOS, if not even more. That, and you get to choose from a TON more devices than just the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
and fake apps/viruses aren't any big problem unless you search the market for obscure apps and don't even look at the permissions

well, there are apps which belong on the web only and aren't supposed to be in the market.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android- Pretty sweet and customizable to a T. apps- the ratio of awesome holy shit apps to really really shitty apps is really bad. Some of them are hands down awesome, but there are just so so so many more that are pure shit. (my opinion) i didnt like that it was slow and laggy at times.
iOS-shiny and locked down. I like a challenge so ill customize every inch of it myself. this one has my vote.
Blackberry-used to be cool not its just bad.
Windows Mobile-i thought he idea was cool but the more i play with it the less i like it. Just bad.
Palm OS-...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like iPhone 4 Verizon because of facetime and qik. They have great video qualities and some awesome free aps like GPS called TeleNav GPS. And Apple is cool. All Smartphones are awesome and they are for people's taste.. Nothing is better at all. Everything have one weaknesses and thats about it.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I like iPhone 4 Verizon because of facetime and qik. They have great video qualities and some awesome free aps like GPS called TeleNav GPS. And Apple is cool. All Smartphones are awesome and they are for people's taste.. Nothing is better at all. Everything have one weaknesses and thats about it.

Qik is on Android, and possible WinMob too. Don't know about Blackberry, but Blackberry is irrelevant nowadays anyway.

Android is what I use because it's...visibly better, ...relatively open source, and has better support and phones. And isn't overpriced shit.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Best overall for me - Android OS.

iOS is also very good. It's very very neat.

Too bad I can't vote for both.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ