Hacking Small issue thats been bugging me for a while (Wii wont bootup if SD card is inserted on boot)

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a weird issue that I've never seen anyone ask or mention. It doesn't break my Wii and its entirely work aroundable, it'd just be nice to know if there is a solution so I don't have to do what I have to do.

So my Wii is hacked like nuts, does it all, no problems getting anything to work. Bootmii and priiloader are installed as well. Now, when I turn on my Wii, if any SD card is in the SD slot (regardless of what is or isn't on the SD card), the Wii doesn't actually boot, I just get a black screen. The green light goes on, but nothing beyond that. Forcing me to turn off the Wii (need to hold the power button til it turns red). Now when I eject the SD card and turn on the Wii, the Wii boots every time. I've found that I can hit the Wii's power button, and only a second later push in the SD card and it works fine. And everything on the SD card still loads too.

As you can see this doesn't stop me from doing anything, its just the tiniest inconvenience, and I'm just curious if anyone has had this issue or know what is going on, and possibly has a solution. The most disappointing part of this is how turning on the Wii no longer feels like a completely wireless activity, as I will have to get up at some point to either eject and then push back in the SD card or if its already ejected, to get up and push the SD card in.

Thanks for any help.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Did you try to rename "bootmii" folder to "_bootmii" (or anything else)?
I had a similar problem with my black wii (PAL) a while ago. The default "Auto" video mode from bootmii wasn't compatible with my (official) YUV video cable > black screen.

If it's not bootmii, try to hold reset while booting, and if priiloader runs, check which hacks are enabled. Like the useless and stupid "Blackscreen at Wii system menu Startup!" :glare:

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Did you try to rename "bootmii" folder to "_bootmii" (or anything else)?
I had a similar problem with my black wii (PAL) a while ago. The default "Auto" video mode from bootmii wasn't compatible with my (official) YUV video cable > black screen.

If it's not bootmii, try to hold reset while booting, and if priiloader runs, check which hacks are enabled. Like the useless and stupid "Blackscreen at Wii system menu Startup!" :glare:

hmm, I'll have to check after work. But I can't imagine that the bootmii folder would be the issue as I've got another SD card inserted sometimes strictly for Brawl hacks and nothing else which doesn't have a bootmii folder at all. Again though, I'll doublecheck and report my findings when I get home. i'll check my priiloader settings too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-