Homebrew Slot 2 device

pizzalogic4477

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Cyclo, and it works great. I would like to start playing some GBA roms, but I know I cant with out a slot 2 device. Which do you recommend? And does it run the games from the slot 1, or do the roms run from slot 2?

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have both the EZ Flash 3 in 1 and the Ewin Expansion Pak. Both are great but the EEP is a little cheaper.

I got my 3in1 from Gameyeeah and my EEP from Sky2k.

Check the reviews for both of these here:

EEP

3in1 Scroll down to the 3 in 1 section

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a GBA Flash cart that can be played from microsd chips?

I'm not aware of such a cart's existence but if I can't find one, I'll be going with a EZFlash 3 in 1. I just really want to be able to play some GBA games on a GBA, ya know?

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, and I would also like to know about cheating function of GBA carts. Does CycloDS+Slot-2 device support AR or GS cheats?

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

best deal ever and great product
smile.gif

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
john.jingle said:
Oh yeah, and I would also like to know about cheating function of GBA carts. Does CycloDS+Slot-2 device support AR or GS cheats?

m3 lite perfect sounds most like what you're looking for (I have one paired with a cyclo as well)

you do need to load the games onto the cart via the game manager, but it's a pretty simple process

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey ToniPlutonij i got a question for you. sorry to the original poster of the topic but i needa ask this: You said that "M3 Lite Perfect is using microSD up to 2 GB..
However, you have to flash GBA games on the microSD, and it doesn't run GBA games from slot 1!" Could you explain this to me? I'm getting my M3 lite in a couple of days and that statement made me kinda scared. I got the GBA games, the cheat files, and M3 Game Manager v36a. What will i need to do from this point on?

Again, my apologies to the TP but it needed to be asked. I hope i did not steal your topic or anything. Sorry if i did

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
shadowhunter93 said:
hey ToniPlutonij i got a question for you. sorry to the original poster of the topic but i needa ask this: You said that "M3 Lite Perfect is using microSD up to 2 GB..
However, you have to flash GBA games on the microSD, and it doesn't run GBA games from slot 1!" Could you explain this to me? I'm getting my M3 lite in a couple of days and that statement made me kinda scared. I got the GBA games, the cheat files, and M3 Game Manager v36a. What will i need to do from this point on?

Again, my apologies to the TP but it needed to be asked. I hope i did not steal your topic or anything. Sorry if i did
It's not anything to be worried about. microSD cards are too slow to run GBA games from; DS games have a lower read speed, so it's (usually) fine to run games from microSDs for those, but NOR (the stuff in GBA (flash) carts) is much faster, so the M3 Lite has to flash the games to NOR before you can play them. Takes a couple of minutes tops, you'll survive.

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
shadowhunter93 said:

It's not anything to be worried about. microSD cards are too slow to run GBA games from; DS games have a lower read speed, so it's (usually) fine to run games from microSDs for those, but NOR (the stuff in GBA (flash) carts) is much faster, so the M3 Lite has to flash the games to NOR before you can play them. Takes a couple of minutes tops, you'll survive.

Minutes? I've got a M3 Lite and play GBA roms all the time with it. The largest GBA roms are 32 MB and they load up in about 15 seconds, tops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43