Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phat

• Both

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

I've got a phat one, bought at launch (Japanese launch that is). I do like the TV-out feature of the Slim though, but it's too much money to upgrade for just one feature.

it not only has just 1 new feature, it has many more.

PSP Slim Load time test
PSP Slim walktrough

there are much more on youtube but you are going to have to look for them yourself, oh and the slim has more ram or memory whatever you want to call it.
I know that it's got more new features, but the TV-out is the only feature I was really interested in until reading somewhere that you can only play the games on a HDTV. Sadly, I don't have one yet.

I'm not into homebrew or any other thing than using my PSP to play downloaded isos-- I don't even use my original UMDs anymore and I assume the load time tests are based on the UMD reading speed.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying the phat is superior to the slim (actually I like the look of the 'Deep Red PSP Slim & Lite' a lot) but I can't justify the price of EUR 160-170 for another PSP atm.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I know that it's got more new features, but the TV-out is the only feature I was really interested in until reading somewhere that you can only play the games on a HDTV. Sadly, I don't have one yet.

I'm not into homebrew or any other thing than using my PSP to play downloaded isos-- I don't even use my original UMDs anymore and I assume the load time tests are based on the UMD reading speed.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying the phat is superior to the slim (actually I like the look of the 'Deep Red PSP Slim & Lite' a lot) but I can't justify the price of EUR 160-170 for another PSP atm.

not even if you sell your old psp to buy a new psp slim? maybe it would be more affordable for you? i was lucky it was my birthday this month so my best mate brought my psp slim for me
biggrin.gif
any tv that support component can work with the tv out, not just hdtv's and on top of this upgrading to a psp slim won't be any loss to you as you said yourself you don't play any homebrew on your psp so no loss to you.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the phat version better. Slim feels too cheap IMO.

I have both a slim and phat, and I agree the slim feels kind of cheap, it doesnt have a sturdy feel to it, but I still like it because how light it is.

If you have kids, the phat is the best option as it feels more sturdy for kids who dont take good care of there stuff like my kids.
biggrin.gif

Does PSP Slim have better screen than Phat?

The screens on both seem the same, AMAZING, i do notice the slim is not flat all around the screen, while the phat screen is, i think this has to do with cost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂