BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am borrowing a PS3 Slim. I wanted to connect to the PSN store and whatnot. My internet infrastructure is incredibly simple.

Its DSL internet
Linksys router directly out of the box, its still named linksys and has no password.

...And my PS3 says there is a 100% strength connection. But when I run setup tests, it fails and cant get an IP.

My 3DS, laptop, 360, and Wii can all use it, what am I doing wrong?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linksys router directly out of the box, its still named linksys and has no password

if it keeps failing, try giving the ps3 a static IP. then it cannot not obtain an IP address for itself.

also, LOCK DOWN your wifi. use WPA1 as the 3DS,Wii,PS3, and laptop can all connect to WPA1 secured WiFi. WPA1/WPA2 mixed mode works too.
by not locking it down, you expose yourself to possible legal threats/actions or even lawsuits if people decide to use your WiFi for downloading Movies/Games/and even illegal pr0nz (if your are really unlucky).

if you wont lock it down, at least use MAC Filtering so only smarter than average with tech people can gain access without permission.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it keeps failing, try giving the ps3 a static IP. then it cannot not obtain an IP address for itself.

also, LOCK DOWN your wifi. use WPA1 as the 3DS,Wii,PS3, and laptop can all connect to WPA1 secured WiFi. WPA1/WPA2 mixed mode works too.
by not locking it down, you expose yourself to possible legal threats/actions or even lawsuits if people decide to use your WiFi for downloading Movies/Games/and even illegal pr0nz (if your are really unlucky).

if you wont lock it down, at least use MAC Filtering so only smarter than average with tech people can gain access without permission.

There is NO way i am going to have any unregistered guests on my wifi. I live in the middle of nowhere, and the closest 2 or 3 houses are amish lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro