Hardware Sleep Mode

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just start to think about this. The switch does work as a handheld and runs on battery power.
So does it have a sleep mode.

Google around and found this video

if it doesnt load it the time is 8m 21s to about 8m 40s

It shows you press the power button and the screen blanks out and it puts it to sleep
Then pressing the power button again wakes it up and it seems to have a save state menu.

Seems pretty cool. I wonder if your be able to do this while dock via the OS

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be odd for a portable device these days to not have a sleep mode and at minimum a screen blank mode.

Hopefully it is adjustable as I find the defaults to be a bit aggressive for my tastes. I assume the screen will be off automagically when docked

I know my Wii U has an auto power down but I guess it doesn't have a sleep mode does it? I am always on my kids to at least press the Home Button to pause the whatever music is looping.

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted User

So, it'll be like the PSP where you "power down" the Switch and then resume right where you left off upon turning it back on? That would be pretty cool.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS works like that via the home button or closing the lid, right? Although I don't think it is a true power down save state. I have 3 but don't really use it much but the boys do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill