Hardware Help, my Switch wakes itself up from sleep mode constantly

tsukimaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
So I received a Nintendo switch recently that had a problem with docking. Long story short this switch was a the brink of collapse since after I replaced the necessary IC a lot of problems showed up. I've solved most of them by replacing the MAX IC behind the battery connector, replacing the micro SD FPC, Pi3USB, and the USB port, and while most of the other issues are gone, right now the switch decided that it doesn't want to go to sleep mode. Every time I press the power button to go to sleep mode, the screen is black for a second or two, and then it wakes itself up. I thought it would've been a faulty power button, but the problem persists even after replacing it. I really don't want to be changing more parts on this switch as it's already a huge loss for me (both in time and revenue) but the only thing I'm thinking of is changing the FPC for a donor one.

Has anyone seen anything like this and if so, how did you solve it?

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Maybe try disconnecting the joycon rails from the board and see if it keeps happening, also the fan connection is prone to do funny things like shorting,

Reactions: tsukimaru

tsukimaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Have you checked under touch screen calibration if it "clicks" on the screen? If so something might just be stuck in the digitize ribbon cable

EDIT: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Run-the-Touch-Screen-Test-1510344.html
I can check, but that really wouldn't explain why it wakes up. The touch screen doesn't really have the ability to wake the switch up. And yes, it works properly. I just checked
Post automatically merged:

Wondering if it's like a PC in sleep mode. If you "Jar" anything [ie mouse] it wakes up.

Are there "Sensitivity Adjustments" on those?
not really, it does wake up from input from the joycon (by pressing a face/bumper button ), so it doesn't have any sensitivity controls as it's just a digital input

Reactions: AncientBoi

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Did some googling and most people said that it was related to the OS and got fixed with things like turning on and off airplane mode, updating or resetting the console.

¿Is the console hacked?
¿What firmware does it currently has?

tsukimaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Did some googling and most people said that it was related to the OS and got fixed with things like turning on and off airplane mode, updating or resetting the console.

¿Is the console hacked?
¿What firmware does it currently has?
Yes it's V1 hacked, it has the latest firmware of both the switch OS and the Atmosphere

Reactions: AncientBoi

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I almost wanna see if factory resetting it via Recovery Mode would make a change if it's Software related.
But before that, do you have any sysmodules active on the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto