Hacking Skyward Sword vWii issue.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Emulators for systems less than GC can fit on the SD card. GC games can fit on a flash drive. If I really want to play a GC game enough to bother, I'd pop it on a separate USB flash drive. I'm not going to fill up a 500GB external HDD with gamecube games I might someday want to play. I'd download the game fresh and put it on my 16GB drive that sits around mostly unused. The big drive is for wii games, computer backups, and Bluray rips.

this lol

why would i need 2 devices when i can use only one? your logic makes no sence.

I got my hdd on fat32 on it
wii games
GC games
emulators and roms
homebrew apps

and i still can use it for pc stuff and my ps3 and everything.

So tell me how is your logic of having 2 or 3 diferent devices when you can have a single one fat32 and use it for everything? makes no sence to me not to mention your 16gb drive for GC games would allow you for like 10 gc games before you start deleting and adding them over and over.

That's what I like too, I've got a 2TB HDD attached to my Wii which I use ONLY for the Wii. I don't like to exchange USB sticks/HDD's everytime I wanna play a game or download everytime a game over and over again. All Wii/GC games, all emu roms, all homebrew stuff and even emuNAND goes and fits well into that 2TB HDD. The HDD keeps attached to the Wii, I am attached to the freedom of playing games I want. :yaywii:

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if someone just doesn't want to mess with different storage sources and just wants all their games and shit in one central location? Is that such a crime? Variety is the spice of life. :)

Sure, they can do it that way, but if they share that drive with thier computer, they will have to deal with the extra hassle of separate partitions and resizing them all the time, wasted space, etc. FAT32 can not handle large files, so how would you handle larger stuff like OS/Application ISOs, BluRay rips, system backups, etc? People are free to do things however they want, but I prefer to keep my big drive on NTFS so it can store my large files, like 3D movies I need to watch someday. You know a 3D movie is 9GB, and that's reencoded into h264/mkv. It's even bigger if you want the original Bluray files.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if someone just doesn't want to mess with different storage sources and just wants all their games and shit in one central location? Is that such a crime? Variety is the spice of life. :)

This. Plus you can have other stuff on there too, 360 games, PS3 games, other assorted stuff. Anything really, because everything reads FAT. Yes, you could use multiple drives, but then you'd have to buy more drives, and everyone ain't made of money.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this lol

So tell me how is your logic of having 2 or 3 diferent devices when you can have a single one fat32 and use it for everything? makes no sence to me not to mention your 16gb drive for GC games would allow you for like 10 gc games before you start deleting and adding them over and over.

1) because FAT32 doesn't support files larger than 4GB. PC stuff includes files larger than 4GB. So you can't use it for everything.

2) There is only maybe 2 GC games I would ever bother to play again. Nintendon't was not stable last time I tried it. My game froze, lost all progress. I would need to update Nintendon't anyways, and mess with a controller again if I wanted to play. Also changing a drive is no big deal. Also, for the most part, I'd only really want to bother with 4 player support, which Nintendon't does not have, nor do I have 4 compatible controllers anyways. Why would I want to replay old GC games when I have so many new ones unfiished? I played the GC enough already, haven't really played it since 2007.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This. Plus you can have other stuff on there too, 360 games, PS3 games, other assorted stuff. Anything really, because everything reads FAT. Yes, you could use multiple drives, but then you'd have to buy more drives, and everyone ain't made of money.

You have a Ps3 and an 360 too. you are the one made of money. Plus you have another drive for your pc. I can use the same drive for my wii and pc this way. You need the SD card anyways. You need a flash drive anyways for things like bringing files to other places and installing new versions of windows. So I have no extra drives. The drive I use for Wii U mode is an old backup drive, so I didn't buy a new one for that either.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) because FAT32 doesn't support files larger than 4GB. PC stuff includes files larger than 4GB. So you can't use it for everything.

2) There is only maybe 2 GC games I would ever bother to play again. Nintendon't was not stable last time I tried it. My game froze, lost all progress. I would need to update Nintendon't anyways, and mess with a controller again if I wanted to play. Also changing a drive is no big deal. Also, for the most part, I'd only really want to bother with 4 player support, which Nintendon't does not have, nor do I have 4 compatible controllers anyways. Why would I want to replay old GC games when I have so many new ones unfiished? I played the GC enough already, haven't really played it since 2007.
seriously you dont see other peoples views?

Manny people like o have alot of gc games and choose what they fell like it at the moment, heck i got like 30 on my hdd, just becuase you dont like more than 2 gc games you cant expect everyone to follow your sugestion of using 3 devices instead of one.

We are on a Wii/vwii forum so the best way to use an Hdd on the wii or wiiu is fat32, becuase everything works its that simple, its the most effective way if you like to have random bluray movies on your hdd is up to you but dont go around saying the best format for an hdd to be used on wii or wiiu isnt fat32 becuase its a lie, not to meantion you could simply make a fat32 partition on your hdd and then you wouldnt even be worried about the random bluray rips you carry around lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps