Hacking Sky3DS & Animal Crossing--An Error has Occurred-- ??

da1e85

Trophies
XP
I have the blue button sky3ds card and animal crossing is not working not tried changing the eeprom yet though as my laptop is at home

Thetaz01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the blue button sky3ds card and animal crossing is not working not tried changing the eeprom yet though as my laptop is at home

OK so I do NOT have the Blue button Sky3ds, However I have changed the option for the eeprom to say no in diskwriter using the Sky3DScTool_v102_EN, and that HAS INFACT fixed my backup of animal crossing to work on my sky3ds..
however I am a little confused..
I thought IN doing so, it would be changing the game save data to save on the 3ds SD card, AND no longer on the SDcard of the sky3ds..
however if I check my storage option on my 3ds, and then extra data, I do not see any save data for my games I backed up and am running on my sky3ds..

BUt animal crossing is NOW working after changing the EEPROM option..
But I would love more of an understanding of how and where my game data is being saved. and what exactly the yes/no eeprom setting did, again I was under the impression from reading this thread, that with that set to yes, the game data was saved on the sky3ds card, and that's ONE of the reasons AC didn't run, because the save data was so large, and by changing the eeprom to NO, not only did I rid myself of the 10 game limit, but it in fact changed where my data sved BACK to the 3ds SD card..

thanks guys

da1e85

Trophies
XP
OK so I do NOT have the Blue button Sky3ds, However I have changed the option for the eeprom to say no in diskwriter using the Sky3DScTool_v102_EN, and that HAS INFACT fixed my backup of animal crossing to work on my sky3ds..
however I am a little confused..
I thought IN doing so, it would be changing the game save data to save on the 3ds SD card, AND no longer on the SDcard of the sky3ds..
however if I check my storage option on my 3ds, and then extra data, I do not see any save data for my games I backed up and am running on my sky3ds..

BUt animal crossing is NOW working after changing the EEPROM option..
But I would love more of an understanding of how and where my game data is being saved. and what exactly the yes/no eeprom setting did, again I was under the impression from reading this thread, that with that set to yes, the game data was saved on the sky3ds card, and that's ONE of the reasons AC didn't run, because the save data was so large, and by changing the eeprom to NO, not only did I rid myself of the 10 game limit, but it in fact changed where my data sved BACK to the 3ds SD card..

thanks guys
Do you know if this is the same for Pokemon x/y as I have a save corruption issue on that too and donkey kong

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Do you know if this is the same for Pokemon x/y as I have a save corruption issue on that too and donkey kong

Donkey kong return 3d work on mine using eeprom=yes with no save issue. Try using the old Sky3DS DiskWriter [11/06/2014] included template from sky3ds weebsite. Not sure about pokemon x/y.

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for what it's worth, just received my blue button sky3ds, tried both animal crossing and donkey kong with no issues with default settings meaning, didn't trim roms, change eeprom status etc...using diskwriter 1.05 released xmas day and template release xmas eve. Haven't come across any dealbreaker issues yet, games seem to update fine for those that needed it. a few games weren't on the lists going around of updatable games, a few on the list like shin megami overclocked didn't request a update. beyond that, seems to be working fine. Hit that 31 game limit, didn't know about that until I tried to load up a card to test things out.

I wish you could re-order roms once you have written them.

a question I had was I see why you want to backup saves obviously but what would be purpose to backup your written game?

pandaboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for what it's worth, just received my blue button sky3ds, tried both animal crossing and donkey kong with no issues with default settings meaning, didn't trim roms, change eeprom status etc...using diskwriter 1.05 released xmas day and template release xmas eve. Haven't come across any dealbreaker issues yet, games seem to update fine for those that needed it. a few games weren't on the lists going around of updatable games, a few on the list like shin megami overclocked didn't request a update. beyond that, seems to be working fine. Hit that 31 game limit, didn't know about that until I tried to load up a card to test things out.

I wish you could re-order roms once you have written them.

a question I had was I see why you want to backup saves obviously but what would be purpose to backup your written game?
what firmware is ur ds?

ssahnan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what firmware is ur ds?
9.4 but worked on 9.2 as well...

my main issue right now with it is coming up with a sequence of restoring saves that will work for me, seems hit and miss so far....can't find the pattern on why it works sometimes and sometimes not...

beyond this, haven't encountered a rom specific issue as far as loading up goes, tried the troubled ones being reported, smash, donkey kong, mgs, animal crossing, the pokemons, all worked fine. kart worked as well...

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EEPROM is a physical chip that is on most 3DS games, which are called CARD1, where the game's save function is to save any information to the EEPROM. However, CARD2 games don't have the EEPROM chip built in, and obviously can't save to it as a result. Instead, they save to the same place where the game's information is located on the physical copy of the game. This is called a CARD2 game, and when you try to save a CARD2 game's save information to the EEPROM, it doesn't work since they are designed in such a way that they aren't meant to have an EEPROM chip.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a CARD2 game, thus it has to save information to the rom directly. If it is burned in a EEPROM=yes (CARD1) format, it will appear to be broken by the system.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what diskwriter should i use and template as i tried the newest and oldest ones
None, if your MicroSD is faulty.

If all of your hardware functioned correctly with a clean CARD2 rom, the original writer and template would probably work just fine, though.

pandaboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but my sd card works with other games like luigi mansion pkmn rumble mk7 ssb3d dkreturns

okay so i tried a different sd card and it still doesnt work

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Format your SD card with Panasonic SD Formatter using slow formatting (Overwrite enabled), it'll take some time but at least you'll make sure the card is formatted right. Once you're done, make sure that your ROM's CRC matches the scene release - if it doesn't, re-download it from a different source. Finally, format your SD card with DiskWriter and put the ROM back onto your card.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How do you make sure that a roms crc mathes scene release? whats a crc?
CRC32 is a hash calculated from a file, it's used for checking file integrity. The easiest way to check the CRC32 hash of a file without downloading any extra applications or plugins is to put the file in an archive and open it up with WinRAR. You can find scene release CRC's on http://3ds.essh.co/.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny