Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So we've got another bad cart?

Or is it having problems with the 2DS?

Or is it 9.6?

That's really odd.

Do you know the exact specs of your Sandisk mSD? Is it Class 10 or UHS-1? It should be SDHC at 16GB, wouldn't need the SDXC for that amount, but many mSDs are upgrading to SDXC. For mSDs you want CLASS 10 SDHC if possible. Sky3DS seems to have hiccups with UHS-1/3 cards. The mSD that came with Sky3DS should be the right kind... so that's odd.

Did the Sky3DS ever work prior to this? Or has this been happening since you got it?

Have you tried it in another 3DS other than the 2DS? Heck, even the N3DSXL it would work...

So at this point. RMA...? If you can?

Just exchange it for a new one if possible. Inform them it is a faulty cart and why so that when it gets returned they can find the fault. They really shouldn't give you a hard time about an exchange.

Do hold onto the mSDs. I don't think they are the problem. The Sandisk is probably a UHS-1 / Class 10. But the mSD that came with Sky3DS should work so I think it's a faulty cart.

You're not alone. Others have had Sky3DS auto-cycling games. They had to hold the blue button just for the game to stop cycling. But then it wouldn't make savedata correctly. Others had issues with USB hubs or card slot adapters. And some just outright don't work at all.

So go contact your reseller. Get an exchange/RMA.

hmmm I use two different sandisks. one which came with card (records at 5 mb/s max... no class identification... lol) and new, genuine sd card which is HCI - like this, but mine is 16 GB..
Code:
http://bit.ly/1CLe1Bn
- bought from Tesco 10£...
I presume it's class 10 (it has got 10 in a circle)

I have access to 2DS only. cannot check on any 3DS, as well as cannot check any other SKy3DS cart. 2DS is with 9.6.0-24E.

It "worked" (when worked) dodgy from very beginning, like I described from the very first time. Basically: got the cart, wrote few games, all happy inserted cart as per instructions in SKy3ds site, gave it to my daughter - what a disappointment in a young ladys face, when game started with "card was removed"! :(
so I tried, many times, until it managed to start as it should. even games could not launch - I could cycle between games.
Read on the forums, that class 10 SanDisks are the ones to go - went and bought one. - complete failure with that card - system freezes. nothing helps. unless - cart with that sd card is removed from the system.
anyhow - put back the black, chinese card back, tries and failures, after some time - success! it worked. She played some time, then, next morning - again - same problem. again, managed to make it work after number of tries, reformats, etc.
two days ago, and yesterday - I could not manage ANY game to start. errors, etc. nothing helped.

in the end - card now is on the way to China (my cost, of course.. doh) and waiting for replacement :(

COULD it be, that 9.6.0 is not compatible - OR something like degrades with time, as ir see's that this is SKY3DS cart?! although internets say nothing about this, but I have read FEW posts from other people in this and other forums, who faced same issues... :/ all carts purchased recently.... faulty batch?!

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had problems with my sky3ds for the first two weeks that I had it. I would write my games to it but they would always fail to load or lockup mid-play. The fix I found for it was to use a different usb adapter to write to the card. After that I have not had a single problem with it until yesterday where it will not load MH4U but everything else still works fine. It's an older red button card.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Faulty batch... I guess?

That, or they're being mishandled in shipping and something is damaging them. (Like X-Ray scanning, or temperature changes, maybe?)

These are Blue Buttons. And he already tried other USB adapters.

I feel ya on the letdown. Worry not. Daddy will fix it. ;) (BTW, any father who buys his daughter a Sky3DS, is a freaking hero in my book!)

I have nieces and a nephews who love this thing. Now she can choose which games are worth buying! And trust me, some games are bad. But some are worth it, especially for online play.

RMA and try another. If same problem again, try ordering from a different retailer. Hopefully your seller is willing to RMA. If so, I'm glad to hear it.

According to new update release, there shouldn't be a problem. It's reading the mSDs, so no problem there. But the game prompt error means the Sky3DS is either not selecting the game properly or is cycling the game without a button press. This means the cart is faulty. We had some issues where people got carts that would auto-cycle the game without any button press, and they had to hold the button just to select the game. This means the cart is faulty. It should not be doing that. And if there are no blinking blue lights at all, don't panic. It might just be the LED, in most cases we've seen, the cards that don't blink are faulty and don't work.

You have the exact same card as I do. Same button and sticker. So they must've had some bad soldering on some carts. I don't blame them. I'd have QC problems too if my product was this popular. Just surprises me that some are reporting issues. And they tend to be the same problem. They really need to check the button on the PCB.

The 2DS shouldn't be an issue. Gawd those things are so cute. However, I would recommend a 2DS trigger pad:
http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-2ds-trigger-grips-301338

yessuz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so here's an update:

Received the replacement cart.

tried - works PERFECTLY with both SD cards!
So definitely - first cart was faulty.

by the way - even the Sky3DS sticker/label looked bad - it was not aligned perfectly, while the replacement - looks as it should look like.
So - replaced, it works as it should - very happy. happy daughter :D

yessuz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, by the way 9.7 is out and sky3ds looks like work with it.
question - what do I get if I update to 9.7? does it worth to update?

also - if I want to play games on-line - is it possible (via some headers changes? what? where? how?) or it is completely impossible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)