Hacking Simple question: Is it safe to buy a Gateway now or wait until update is released¿

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't found a link to source that new hardware is not needed. I'm on 9.2 and will pull the trigger if I can get a source to people saying the team announced it wouldn't require new hardware.

Missilewarriorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am in the same boat as you, I ended up pulling the trigger already a few days ago.. pretty sure its not hardware related. on the site they never mentioned new hardware they have just mentioned that its a firmware so thats that . plus in the video the hardware looks the same

the.rx-78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely get it now. I think a lot of people are on the same page and are now waiting, because they're not familiar with the Gateway team or just will remain skeptical, but I'm betting once the proof is out, we're going to see a ton of new users. Not just those waiting, but those that hear about the news and the Gateway for the first time. It might be hard to get it at a good price, or even without waiting significantly longer.

But so far they have delivered on every promise, and I cannot think why they would lie or pull any exit scam now, especially without giving some time to take a crack at it. Hell, a lot of people were skeptical about multi-rom last year... and man did they deliver. :yaynds:

They have said less than a week ago that the update would be within a month time, so if you ordered now, it would be three weeks waiting, assuming you order locally, tops.

Edit: but I can't help you on proof that you won't need a new card. I know that they said you wouldn't, though. I'm betting it's buried somewhere in the nearly 400 page thread as an email reply from Gateway... lol

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought one today. I'm gonna assume that the prices will jump once demand increases. Waiting has its perks, but we might not see any new cards/cfw for a very long time now that the kernel exploit has been patched.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC there's definitely a new 9.x-ready firmware with the new cards, (I believe they said that all orders shipped after their announcement will have it), but as of now it's definitely a good idea to get one. Although if you want to you can just wait and see, and then order.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC there's definitely a new 9.x-ready firmware with the new cards, (I believe they said that all orders shipped after their announcement will have it), but as of now it's definitely a good idea to get one. Although if you want to you can just wait and see, and then order.

Yeah, basically this. It all boils down to, do you want the update as soon as it's out on your gateway, or are you willing to wait a couple weeks or so for shipping for the guarantee it will work.

Starzboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll just go ahead and order one. Thinking of going with Modchipdirect as I live in Phoenix. If I order a 32gb Sandisk SD will it be a class 10? Should I just get a 64gb off Amazon for the extra $10? I also need a new card reader as my old one is terrible. I want one that can read SD and micro SD but I don't have a 3.0usb. Any input?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go 64. Check Costco, Amazon, newegg, tiger direct.

I ordered my GWfrom modchipdirect on a Friday and had it on Tuesday.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of wish I'd waited, myself. I got mine from a US retailer a couple weeks ago (got to me in just a couple days), and it's been like "okay, have they released yet?" every day since then. Plus, I'm kicking myself because even though I'm fairly confident that it will work someday, (since they have a reputation to uphold, and a long history of doing right by their customers), there's this whole "Why release sooner than later if everyone has already ordered based on just our announcement anyway?" effect. It's better to reward them for releasing rather than for their promise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==