Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ariss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care to enlighten me, I'm willing to try. Other than that, I do have a pretty awesome looking paperweight.
don't ask me. I barely even know the difference between sysNAND and emuNAND. I just have had experience with bricking other machines and its always a good sign if you get at least some sort of response. Its sort of like a pulse; you know that your 3ds is alive but in a "coma" of sorts.

CidadaoNorte

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Need a little help!
I'm trying to downgrade my nintendo from 9.6 to 9.2 European version.
None of the browser exploits seem to work.
I have a ocarina of time 3ds cartridge so is it possible?

I've followed all of the steps but the browser exploit keeps getting me failures.

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
Need a little help!
I'm trying to downgrade my nintendo from 9.6 to 9.2 European version.
None of the browser exploits seem to work.
I have a ocarina of time 3ds cartridge so is it possible?

I've followed all of the steps but the browser exploit keeps getting me failures.

Clear your cookies or reset browser data. Makes sure you have stable internet connection. If it hangs at the gray screen or kicks you out to home menu it's better to restart the system before retrying the exploit. Also, makes sure you have the correct files in your SD card. OOThax is a secondary exploit which can be setup if you are already inside HBL.

CidadaoNorte

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Clear your cookies or reset browser data. Makes sure you have stable internet connection. If it hangs at the gray screen or kicks you out to home menu it's better to restart the system before retrying the exploit. Also, makes sure you have the correct files in your SD card. OOThax is a secondary exploit which can be setup if you are already inside HBL.

The problem is when i try the exploits the screens just keeps being red and freezes.
The files are correct.

I tried these 3:
http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dswebkithax_removewinframe.php
http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php
http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright_tx3g.php

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can borrow another 3DS that can run any exploit, you should just install OOThax on your Ocarina cart

Feitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, need some help with downgrading. Is it safe to update the FW using sysupdater? Currently I have an incomplete downgraded N3DSXL. Will it be ok to update to 10.3 and downgrade again to 9.2?

Thanks!

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a Old 3DS running 10.5 and i manage to run the OOT3DHax as an entry point with power saves but i run into the following

1. i use the normal sysupdater which comes up with error message "main.cpp:148" every time i hit downgrade but with my 3DS it was error *154
2. i use the safesysupdater which comes up with pink line and nothing else happens but with my new 3ds worked on first try

is there something i can do or do i need to wait for an update? and where should i look for it?

thanks

LordStarkiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I do this? I used Tubehax to install Ironhax but the DNS is no longer used on my connection as I've reset to auto-obtain. If not, how do I remove it and do I need to remove the Youtube app as well?

I'm using an old 3DS on 9.9.9-26U

Last edited by LordStarkiller,

Spore2

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Old 3DS running 10.5 and i manage to run the OOT3DHax as an entry point with power saves but i run into the following

1. i use the normal sysupdater which comes up with error message "main.cpp:148" every time i hit downgrade but with my 3DS it was error *154
2. i use the safesysupdater which comes up with pink line and nothing else happens but with my new 3ds worked on first try

is there something i can do or do i need to wait for an update? and where should i look for it?

thanks

You can only downgrade from 10.5 if you install a hardmod, dump your nand then patch it before downgrading

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I downgraded from 9.9.0-26U and now I get stuck on the loading 3DS logo loop after I choose a game.

Especially, on my entrypoint! IronHaX!

What I can do?

Signed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Successfully downgraded 9.9.0-26E N3DSXL.
First upgraded to 10.3 then downgraded to 9.2, both times using julian's libkhax sysupdater.
I had to reboot around 15 times each before the cias started installing (I think the ftbrony trick helped).

It's now running on sysNAND 9.2/ReiNAND 10.5.

Pamela

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
click.linksynergy.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am trying to downgrade my 2ds. I have software 10.5. I installed homemenuhax. I verified my old 3ds 9.2 firmware. No matter what version of sysupdater i use i get failed to get cia info. I have formatted my 2ds, my sdcard, and transferred the needed files to my sdcard via teracopy. Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill