Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

SeiferX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
First I tried injecting the fusee payload via TegrarcmGUI. RCM device connects, but the moment I inject the payload, it disconnects.

Then I tried injecting hetake via TegramrcmGUI. It loads on my switch, but then when I try to load the fusee, the same thing happens. the atmosphere logo briefly appears and then disappears and loads up the switch in normal mode.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I appreciate this is probably a stupid question and most of you think it's obvious, but i'm learning here.

When I launch my games and stuff... I launch Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC .
but I notice the hekate.ini includes with these sigpatches does not include Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC...

So this would mean my previous partition/user account/ whatever you call it... would no longer be accessible.. right?

Can I assume that I should NOT, overwrite the existing hekate_ipl.ini with the hekate_ipl.ini from this sigpatch update, but merely copy/paste the entries from within the file, into my existing file. So I am updating things, but not deleting anything?

Or am I missing something here (which I probably am)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello there. Do not worry, there is no stupid questions. The included Hekate.ini file is an example, you can choose to use your own file

If you like to learn more abour the hekate.ini file you can do it on the GitHub readme of Hekate

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there. Do not worry, there is no stupid questions. The included Hekate.ini file is an example, you can choose to use your own file

If you like to learn more abour the hekate.ini file you can do it on the GitHub readme of Hekate
for clarities sake. This means the file contains sigpatches for atmosphere, but a hekati ini file which is only an example and you should not use, otherwise it will corrupt your games/saves ?
is this normal? it seems really weird there's no warning about this.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
for clarities sake. This means the file contains sigpatches for atmosphere, but a hekati ini file which is only an example and you should not use, otherwise it will corrupt your games/saves ?
is this normal? it seems really weird there's no warning about this.
Ok

For Atmosphere we have a set of IPS files on /Atmosphere/contents/..
For Hekate we have /bootloader/patches.ini.

all them are the Sigpatches perse.

On the zip file you will find /bootloader/hekate.ini which only is is a example of the file, it set the hekate autoboot, and options inside NYX. you can learn about this file on https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#bootloader-configuration this file really is not to much related to sigpatches, is there for autoboot in to EmuMMC CFW.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
For what it's worth i would switch to sys-patch. You don't need to update sigpatches anymore and sys-patch is not likely to break with new updates. Been using it for a while and i'm surprised why we didn't do it this way earlier. Pretty much hassle free.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
For what it's worth i would switch to sys-patch. You don't need to update sigpatches anymore and sys-patch is not likely to break with new updates. Been using it for a while and i'm surprised why we didn't do it this way earlier. Pretty much hassle free.
"sys-patch" is a pretty recent introduction. You are not really too late to the party.

But out of respect for this thread, I'd say use sigpatches all the same if you can help it. I know I do.

taffyponty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to us
"sys-patch" is a pretty recent introduction. You are not really too late to the party.

But out of respect for this thread, I'd say use sigpatches all the same if you can help it. I know I do.
But I want to use this. I just can't understand how to install ! : O

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I want to us

But I want to use this. I just can't understand how to install ! : O
Its a simple sysmodule, then you just download the latest module from:

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch/releases (once you are there, take the opportunity and read the documentation)

Extract the zip file to the ROOT of your SD Card, restart your console and that's all, your console now will auto-patches it self.

GOT85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone! I sold my modified switch but I have another one that I would like to modify, it's a V1 2017, before selling I backed up the data, to modify the other one (always v1 2017) can I simply copy the files of the old one?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just updated today to FW 16.0.3 (rebootless), Atmosphere 1.5.4, and Hekate 6.0.5. Downloaded and installed the current sigpatches at the beginning of this forum, but all my games freeze on a black screen when opening them. Tinfoil also goes to a black screen, but I can still go home and close/reopen it. What's going on??
it's worse for me, installed all the signatures, tinfoil gives corrupted data on SD card, unable to install any further files from SD card, i'm on the brink of insanity, fixed the payload which was giving me problems (dragon nonsense nx gui old version, fixed it) then reinstalled tinfoil using DBI, then transparent square with no interaction with tinfoil, installed all the signatures in the 1st post of this topic, tinfoil icon shows up but same issues with SD card, gold-leaf gives errors, tinfoil keeps on saying corrupted data on SD card i'm getting nowhere and at the point of giving up 🤬
Post automatically merged:

Don't use goldleaf, try DBI and see if it makes any difference
believe me, i tried that and i still can't install or run anything

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's worse for me, installed all the signatures, tinfoil gives corrupted data on SD card, unable to install any further files from SD card, i'm on the brink of insanity, fixed the payload which was giving me problems (dragon nonsense nx gui old version, fixed it) then reinstalled tinfoil using DBI, then transparent square with no interaction with tinfoil, installed all the signatures in the 1st post of this topic, tinfoil icon shows up but same issues with SD card, gold-leaf gives errors, tinfoil keeps on saying corrupted data on SD card i'm getting nowhere and at the point of giving up 🤬

Then there is something wrong with your setup, DBI is very popular here on the forum, it is commonly suggested to use DBI.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Save everything you wanna save of the sdcard, reformat it with GUIformat and recopy the stuff back.
Something is totally crap with your filesystem.

You can sometimes do in CMD in Windows

chkdsk X: /f /r /x (X: being the drive letter of your SD Card) and see if it fixes your file system. Also don't install Tinfoil with DBI or such. Let it self install itself.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Then there is something wrong with your setup, DBI is very popular here on the forum, it is commonly suggested to use DBI.
i know it is, hence the reason i tried it, the app wasn't the problem tho, i just needed a reboot into payload and everything is fine wine again thanks god, was hell during tho LOL

Save everything you wanna save of the sdcard, reformat it with GUIformat and recopy the stuff back.
Something is totally crap with your filesystem.

You can sometimes do in CMD in Windows

chkdsk X: /f /r /x (X: being the drive letter of your SD Card) and see if it fixes your file system. Also don't install Tinfoil with DBI or such. Let it self install itself.
didn't need to reformat, thx god, like i said, rebooted into payload, started up and and tinfoil loaded up like a charm, everything is gold now, thanks for the response 👍

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know it is, hence the reason i tried it, the app wasn't the problem tho, i just needed a reboot and everything is fine wine again thanks good, was hell during tho LOL

didn't need to reformat, thx god, like i said, rebooted into payload, started up and and tinfoil loaded up like a charm, everything is gold now, thanks for the response 👍

It is common that you need a reboot after applying patches so keep that in mind, that explain why your wasn't working if you like ftp in new patches and expect it to work without restart.

Reactions: impeeza

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Half of the issues people experience can probably be fixed by running hekates archive bit fixer. Seriously, it happens very quickly regardless of which OS you run on your PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Psi likes Cream Pie I hear