Hacking Should I Update 5.3.2 to 5.5.1?

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if updating would be a good idea or not.

I am having trouble hacking the Wii U, getting a black screen with random white blocks when trying to run Homebrew Loader from Mongoose and can't seem to find any other method to load it from.

The SD card I bought said 2GB on packaging but shows 4GB in computer. Maybe this is the issue but I am unsure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG....really? Another one of these threads? Does 5.3.2 do everything you want? If so, then STAY there.....5.5.1 doesn't do any more than 5.3.2...there is no point in updating...I swear, I think there should be moderation on thread postings....

Reactions: KiiWii

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If guides were a little more current I would not have asked but I am trying to follow them step by step and getting a screen which resembles artifacting on a PC.

The only thing that seems off is my "2GB" SD card says 3.xx GB in a PC. The guides indicate I need a 2GB SD card to run homebrew. Not 100% sure if this is the case anymore or if there is a difference in 5.5.1 hacking method that may be simplified like a web installer that works.

I am only asking for assistance, not remarks about double posting. Instead of just reading the title you should read the issue in whole.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, 5.2 got an IOSU exploit so who knows, I'd stick to 5.3.
This is a largely unknown topic so I'll bypass my noob sarcasm this time. Consider yourself lucky.

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The scene is ever changing. For instance, I upgraded from 5.2.0 yesterday, now you claim there is an IOSU exploit. I would like more up to date info then the stickies. The regular posts seem to be mostly SSB modding which I dont really care about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M