Hacking Should I trade in my 5.5 Wii U and get a low FW bundle, or should I wait?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,138
  • Replies 37
D

Deleted User

OP
Hopefully he will, Do you have a hacked 3ds?

February has fire emblem fates
the new smash bros characters etc.

So the wait will be easier in february, i recommend trying PCSX2, Dolphin emulator etc. those emulators are great now also
Yeah, like I have said earlier, I have a lot of development stuff to be getting on with anyway... ^_^

PCSX2, Dolphin emulator
Also I have both of them anyway. ;)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Not taking that risk. They might scam me and might update it to 5.5 or something. I am a very paranoid person when it comes down to ebay! I'm also very impatient for goods to arrive, although I can wait for this IOSU exploit...
Here here m8! I'm just the same as you, when it comes to ebay, especially the UK ebay I am really cautious buying a console/handheld on a certain firmware you want especially when you ask the questions to the sellers and they come back with "I cant open the box" or "if I open it I will have to re list it at a lower price" etc..! it doesn't give you much faith at all! So I dont blame you trying to get one from a proper retailer and yes my opinion sell yours and find one on 5.3.2 that is what I would do cause you just don't know how long or what could happen waiting for the 5.5.0 exploit, it might even never happen! who knows apart from the team themselves.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
I wish my pc could run both smoothly, I can run pcsx2 games ok but like most dolphin can't run smoothly unfortunately
That's weird, because I have the exact opposite problem to you! :O
PCSX2 games run like crap, but Dolphin runs perfectly! :huh:

D

Deleted User

OP
Well I guesss dolphin runs better but like Sonic Colors is still unplayable for me for some reason
Sonic Colors runs fine on some occasions for me. most times it's just below expected, even if I overclock my CPU. (But I'm using a development PC to be honest, so...)

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Nice! :D

This is my PC at the moment:
Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

It's not much, but it'll do for some high levels of emulation. :D

Sounds good, I also wanna run GTA V better and run star wars battlefront from origin
so those are my reasons for upgrading

Also, back on topic how much are pre-owned Wii U's at the moment

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Go to CEX shops bud, take your wiiu in and swap it for one on an earlier model with a little extra cash on top, they will let you plug it in and check the firmware!. OK it may not be in mint condition but you will get one you want ;)

D

Deleted User

OP
Go to CEX shops bud, take your wiiu in and swap it for one on an earlier model with a little extra cash on top, they will let you plug it in and check the firmware!. OK it may not be in mint condition but you will get one you want ;)
I was gonna take it into CEX, and I was gonna buy another one from there, but what if they have multiple Wii Us? And what if, the first one they check, doesn't have 5.5? I don't wanna be holding up the line, you see. ;)

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try and get 5.3.2 or lower.This so called new exploit for 5.4.0 and 5.5.0 is not going to be released anytime soon judging by how often it was delayed already if it's ever released at all.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I was gonna take it into CEX, and I was gonna buy another one from there, but what if they have multiple Wii Us? And what if, the first one they check, doesn't have 5.5? I don't wanna be holding up the line, you see. ;)
Yeah I understand that, the lines in CEX are usually quite big but most are selling anyway, the buying line should not be too bad I suggest go on a Sunday or a Weekday, say Tuesday when its less quite, early in the mornings the best time of day. Usually if you ask them nicely they will sit you at the side of the counter and let you look I had the same problem years ago looking for a 3DSXL between Firmwares 4.1.0 - 5.1.0 I went to loads of CEX stores trying and trying and trust me I went though loads of there 3DSXL's in every CEX store I eventually found a silver one and remember this was way back in the day when GW first released the card to access roms between those firmwares so as you can imagine, every man and his dog was looking for one at the time but they where all really helpful in every shop and they didn't mind one bit, in fact they where really really helpful as I remember now!

Last edited by Reecey,

Joe N Tendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I kept my 5.5 system because 5.3 systems are becoming hard to come and because of the continued promises we are getting a 5.5 exploit soon.

I been waiting a long time...

D

Deleted User

OP
I was almost on the verge of picking up a new Wii U this afternoon, but unfortunately, CEX were shutting for the day (bloody Sundays :glare:) and it would've just been a plain waste of good £150 cash.

/thread. :P

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in the same situation and I opted to get a 5.3.2 and got rid of my 5.5.

The IOSU exploit is uncertain at this point. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe next month, maybe never. I'm optimistic, but <5.3.2 Wii Us are not an unlimited commodity, especially new ones.

If getting one isn't an issue for you, I'd take the opportunity while it's still easy to get one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto