Homebrew Should I market a homebrew DS game?

Project68K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will soon be releasing a DS homebrew game, and I am debating whether I should try and market the game, even if it is free. Even though I am essentially releasing a homebrew game to a niche market, I do not want a situation where absolutely nobody sees the work that I have made, which is why I have debated whether marketing should be in the picture, and if I do decide to do that, how I should do it?

My ideas were doing a small animated video/trailer for the game. Nothing too spectacular. However, I also thought that for a homebrew game, making a post about it on gbatemp eventually would be significant enough for it.

Any thoughts?

AkaGambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For an older system that even has had their online shop shut down, I do not see them taking any legal action so any kind of marketing SHOULD be possible and legal.

As for what and where is where you can go a little crazy.

Free Marketing would include; (but not limited to) social media posts, community topics, video and streaming ads, local or global pages and papers.

Then you can go crazy and do some small paid marketing, like google ads, google/web meta keys that link to a posted ad, or even paid ads from influencers.

No matter what you do though, Nintendo really only cares about mods, homebrew, and piracy when it directly affects their income, so they should not come for NSbrew.

So yeah plaster that up everywhere you can think of.

Reactions: pietempgba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j