WangerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberusmaximus said:
my friend has had to send in his xbox 360 in twice. his latest one didnt even last a year. i think that has something to say about microsoft's quality that they put into their products...

wait...i heard something about this so called "red ring of death" for the 360...? i heard that was bad for a 360 lover.
and poking around in the forums, i found that not that many games are ps3 exclusive anymore, like ffxii

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WangerZ said:
uberusmaximus said:
my friend has had to send in his xbox 360 in twice. his latest one didnt even last a year. i think that has something to say about microsoft's quality that they put into their products...

wait...i heard something about this so called "red ring of death" for the 360...? i heard that was bad for a 360 lover.
and poking around in the forums, i found that not that many games are ps3 exclusive anymore, like FF XIII

Fix'd. It is 13, not 12

Dedale

Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
The 360 is a good choice for now I assume, GoW worths it !
The only thing that sucks is the fact that you have to pay to play online.

the PS3 have not so much cool games at this moment. I think I'll take one next year when more great games will came out.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I asked myself the same question lately. At this moment I have neither the ps3 or the 360, but I'm ready to make the step to next gen. Since I'll get a new pc soon that has medium gaming specs (around 1200 euros = $2000) that will include a HD screen in the price I'm still wondering if I really need a console in the first place. A lot of the awesome games that have been released on xbox are finding it's way to the "games for windows" platform and if I just buy a wireless 360 controller I feel i could get the same experience. Well apart from the features of xbox live that is. On the other hand the smoothness of console gaming is rather nice, just pop a game in and play so that's a big plus for both consoles. Most of my friends have a ps3 so it would be nice if I could play against/with them but the ps3 is sooo expensive + the games... I'm just going to watch the E3 presentations and first buy my new PC then wait for a price cut on both systems.... and maybe ill end buying a wii XD

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How much is a PS3 where you are laminaatplaat, a PS3 here is $50 cheaper than a 360 elite.
And it actually ends up being cheaper the 360 pro because with the 360 pro you have to buy a wireless adapter, pay for online play, buy a way to recharge your controller. I think it was discussed a couple pages ago.

And asince the PS3 is region free you could buy from the U.S. for cheap.

WangerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
WangerZ said:
uberusmaximus said:

and poking around in the forums, i found that not that many games are ps3 exclusive anymore, like FF XIII

Fix'd. It is 13, not 12

damn roman numerals, i meant to say 13

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
With the loss of FF13, and Star ocean, I really think that the 360 is worth it now. Afterall, it even had a price drop....

The PS3 on the other hand, just lost my support. My brother and I has stacked up a whole library of used PS2 games, so we can play it when the PS3 80 gig gets a price cut, but NOOOOO. They're replacing the original 80 gigs with the new 80 gigs, that can't backward comp. And honestly. There are some good games for the PS3, but it's not gonna last too long . WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? The main reason I was considering buying one, is because we have a load of PS2 games, and were interested a few ps3 games, but this is crazy. They've just dumped one of the best library of games into the garbage can.

I'm just going to buy a PS2, and a 360 instead...

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well you had a choice between 20/60GB, 80GB, and 40GB.
You can just blame Sony when they gave you a chance.

And when 60GB price drop was announced last E3, they did mention the lack of EE chip on 80GB models if my memory isn't faulty (or there were plenty of news about it at least).

I picked up 60GB for cheaper than before but more expensive than non-BC models, because with all the information Sony and internet threw at me made it clear that 60GB is THE one to buy if I wanted BC.

Want to guess why 60GB had explosive sales right after E3? Just the price drop? I don't think so. Because people knew it's gonna be the last BC model for a while.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
deathfisaro said:
Well you had a choice between 20/60GB, 80GB, and 40GB.
You can just blame Sony when they gave you a chance.

And when 60GB price drop was announced last E3, they did mention the lack of EE chip on 80GB models if my memory isn't faulty (or there were plenty of news about it at least).

I picked up 60GB for cheaper than before but more expensive than non-BC models, because with all the information Sony and internet threw at me made it clear that 60GB is THE one to buy if I wanted BC.

Want to guess why 60GB had explosive sales right after E3? Just the price drop? I don't think so. Because people knew it's gonna be the last BC model for a while.

Most of them are discontinued, aren't they? And I don't have enough to afford any of them at the moment. 20, 40, and the old 80 gigs are discontinued.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Part of 60GB sales after E3 was due to 20/60GB models being discontinued in conjunction with 80/40GB models not having EE chip. "It is the last chance to own a BC PS3 model!" kind of marketing (not officially, more like implicitly)

20GB/60GB introduced
v
40GB/80GB introduced
v
20GB/60GB discontinued and remaining stock got a price cut
v
80GB discontinued and 40GB model got 80GB HDD replacement

Now if anyone buys the new 80GB model, their choice of playing PS2 games are limited:
1) Buying a PS2
2) Emulator by third party
3) Waiting for PS3 firmware update, or PSN downloadable PS2 contents, OR wait for a new expensive model with EE chip revived.

#1 is most cost-inefficient, #2 is quite dependant on your PC spec, #3 is likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...