squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And even if $ony drop the price of the PS3 then you can hedge your bets on M$ following suit. After all the 360 is making a profit for them now as opposed to the apparent loss the PS3 is costing $ony
biggrin.gif

360 all the way!
wink.gif

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the Halo Series. PS3 might be more expensive, but has more features :\ Online may not be as good, but it's free =x And the for discs, 3rd parties don't have to worry about the space, it's way too big so it's almost impossble to not fit a game there, while on the 360, there's always the chance the games are too small where they have to compress them and lower the graphical qualities. So If the PS3's price DOES drop, I WILL get it. No doubt in my mind. Sorry M$ Fanboys, But in my heart I think I AM a Sony Fanboy ( without knowing it ). I had a PS1, PS2, and I want a PS3. Neverhad an Xbox and probably never will. Though I did play my cousins 360. I made up my mind. I'll be getting a Playstation 3. And the Game Library isn't fair, the 360 has been out for slightly less than 2 years, while the PS3 has only been out for about 7-8 months.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And the for discs, 3rd parties don't have to worry about the space, it's way too big so it's almost impossble to not fit a game there, while on the 360, there's always the chance the games are too small where they have to compress them and lower the graphical qualities.

I'm not going to argue over the fact that getting a PS3 instead of a 360 is ridiculous, I'm just going to say: since when did disc size matter? You act like there's no way to get around it, even though it's painfully obvious.

*cough*multiple discs*cough*

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And even if $ony drop the price of the PS3 then you can hedge your bets on M$ following suit. After all the 360 is making a profit for them now as opposed to the apparent loss the PS3 is costing $ony
biggrin.gif

360 all the way!
wink.gif

I very much doubt that Microsoft have turned around losses of $289 million in only 6 months. I can bet that they are still making losses of $150 million plus.

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the for discs, 3rd parties don't have to worry about the space, it's way too big so it's almost impossble to not fit a game there, while on the 360, there's always the chance the games are too small where they have to compress them and lower the graphical qualities.

I'm not going to argue over the fact that getting a PS3 instead of a 360 is ridiculous, I'm just going to say: since when did disc size matter? You act like there's no way to get around it, even though it's painfully obvious.

*cough*multiple discs*cough*

But isn't that a little old? Just imagine playing GTA, during a mission, you go through a different part of the city and BAM: ''Please insert GTA4:Version 2 to Continue'', I just think that's ridiculous.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Their losses for the original were in the billions, somewhere around $2bn.
They had grand plans like to break even they needed 40m consoles sold, each with 10 games of which 6 were first party.
On top of that they didn't properly outsource the components, adding to costs.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
WHAT! i guess M$ can take a loss like that though
on another note, did you know that nitendo overtook sonyin japan in terms of stock value? it was only for a few hours though, but it shows ninty is gaining fast

squinty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also like that the PS3 has the built in BluRay player, while the 360 needs the 200$ extra HD-DVD player, and Blu-ray is a more supported type, holds more gigs, and has about the same quality if not better. I don't care if I don't play many PS3 games NOW, I can play my PS2/X Games... I have many of those
biggrin.gif

I own a PS3 over a 360 for the following reasons:

DVD player with upscaling. (sold my Oppo, which says a lot about the PS3's quality as a DVD player)
Blu-ray player
PS1 and PS2 upscaling

I don't own a PS3 at the moment because of PS3 games. This means as long as you are willing to settle for the PS3's other features untill some AAA games come out, go for it. Quite honestly I don't even find many 360 games that are out at the moment that I feel are must haves. This fall will see huge releases for both consoles, but FFXIII, MGS4, and Devil May Cry 4 are all must haves for me.

I'm hoping for some Black Friday deals for the 360 this fall, as I think it will have a price drop on top of the BF deals. (I also am hopeful for the release of the 65 nanometer chip this fall)

The PS3 has native support for PS2 and 1, but you can download emulation packs that are updated pretty regularly that allow you to play specific Xbox games on the 360. They also tend to come in magazine demoes, etc.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
on another note, did you know that nitendo overtook sonyin japan in terms of stock value? it was only for a few hours though, but it shows ninty is gaining fast

Considering the size of Sony and the vast number of products they manufacter and the companies they own, it is a vast achievement. Not suprising though, Nintendo's stock has tripled in value recently (I forget over how long).

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously. Sony has alot more experience with consoles over microsoft. the PS1 and PS2 were big hits.. While the Xbox, not so much. At least not where I live :\

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to disagree with that
Sony has a lot of experience with marketing, Theyre innovation factor is practically 0.
Did you know that the playstation team started off as a group in nintendo.They were working on a project called nintendo cd.
there was a disagreement and sony left, continuing their work
When the playstation was released, nintendo tried to stop its release because it was originally working for them. They lost the case and the playstation was released.
N64 gets released with a revolutionary method of control, the analog stick
Then, as if by magic, sony released a new controller. The dualshock with a rumble technology(which wasnt even theyres, remember the lawsuit and how the ps3 has no rumble)
The xbox is released with Xbox live. Suprise Suprise, ps2 gets online games.
And now with the wii, sony made the sixaxis.
I think the only thing that they ever achieved by themselves is the eyetoy and great graphics(on ps1, xbox and x360 were superior and equal(in that order(can you do a bracket inside a bracket?)))

Some of this may be wrong so dont take it as fact, im just typing what i remember off the top of my head

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can't really blame them for copying nintendo. everybody copies nintendo. nintendo pioneered every aspect of the modern console joypad (d-pad, shoulder buttons, analog stick, rumble, triggers). and now they've given us the wiimote
biggrin.gif

As for online gaming, I think sony would have got round to that themselves eventually (xbox live or not). Its been a goal of console manufacturers for a long time (they do pay attention to pc gaming you know
wink.gif
)

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
i understand that but in the case of sony its a more blatant ripoff
release a analog controller after n64 has on?
include motion sensing becuase the wii has it?
Sometimes some features cant be avoided because they are essential to modern gaming but sony just copies nintendo in a way thats not acceptable
I hope the playstation dies after it supposedly loses all its console exclusives(prices to develop are going up, so exclusives will become too expensive and not feasible)
especially since i find the x360 controller so mych more comfortable

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I got a PSX and PS2 too. Loved them. But this time around? 5 games on the PS3 compared to the library the 360 has atm? So first you say you are impatient and want to play games right now and then you say you can wait and the PS3 is oooh so awesome cuz it has Blu-Ray etc.? 360 wins pretty much by default this year, just wait until PS3 gets bigger if you have the patience, if you wanna have a lot of fun right now though? Get the 360.

What a topic ;x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1