Gaming Should I buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch ?

Should I buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch ?

• Total voters

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was a waste :)
I bought it and never touched it except I downloaded the free japanese voice dlc because english voice is such a pain O.O

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was a waste :)
I bought it and never touched it except I downloaded the free japanese voice dlc because english voice is such a pain O.O

heh I quite enjoy the english dub. Makes me chuckle at how b-rate it is. It's kinda fun.
I'm all about that levity in dub'd anime.
But the original JAP audio is good too and available.

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say get it for sure. I'm about 20 hours in and I'm only on chapter 3. Gameplay is fun, story is great, and it's really addicting.
I read it's like a 70 hour game even without side quests.
You're getting a lot for your money

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if I should buy xenoblade chronicles 2 on Switch. I have never played Xenoblade an I am worried that I wouldn’t understand the game.
the story doesnt really transfer over between games just the combat system and a few subtle references

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's an awesome game, truly great. As long as you are aware going in that it's a JRPG and hence conforms to cultural norms that may be difficult for western audiences to empathise with, ie 'maid culture'.

Also it contains many cut scenes, exploration requires more than blind reliance on mini maps, character building and the battle systems require learning.

If you're up for a game that takes 20hrs to open up all it's systems and get a grip of what is a truly amazing battle sysem and story then this is truly a great JRPG.

My personal opinion is that the voice acting is far less irritating than XC1, the story is less pretentious than XC1 and the battle system is far far superior. Character building is less in depth than XCX and exploration is less open but story and battle system are superior.

It's a full 80hours+ of JRPG gaming, with all the quirks of the genre.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an owner of the game just like any jrpg its gonna start very slow with tutorials in your face within the 1st 3 chapters [mostly] points aside you should buy games that will keep you busy in the long run aside from Zelda
this game has tons of stuff to do. The battlesystem can be abit overwhelming at 1st, but as Linkmstr pointed out you have to keep playing more in through the story. Aslong you have patience with jrpg games this will be an easy buy for you
The characters are very interesting aswell and it does have its funny fanservice moments similar to Tales games. I think you'll enjoy it. Voice acting never bothered me unless your fighting imperial troops who keep saying
"THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME!" "DONT FORGET ME!" thats the only time I muted the game lol Other than that the English voices are fine if you give it a chance more than 1 chapter of the story.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't Spell

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only if you enjoy a poorly designed compass. has well as waypoints/fast_travel points that fail to unlock properly at times and can cause you to have to restart from the beginning. gamefaq has 20 so far listed that sometimes fail to unlock. 5 are story point related

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
only if you enjoy a poorly designed compass. has well as waypoints/fast_travel points that fail to unlock properly at times and can cause you to have to restart from the beginning. gamefaq has 20 so far listed that sometimes fail to unlock. 5 are story point related
There was a recent update that supposedly fixed the compass and waypoints. If not, I believe that's something they said they're working on.

Reactions: chartube12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c