Hacking Should I buy a Supercard DStwo?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, the cheapest it will get (on Shoptemp) is $32. That's still a lot for a cart.

I am always wanting something better than I currently have.... I have an Acekard but I feel the SC would be better...

Is it worth $32? Will it work on 3DS? (If yes, is the battery life horrible on 3DS using it?)

Or, should I just stick to my Acekard?

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is worth the $32. Yes it works on the 3DS. I would say the battery life depends on whether you are playing DS games or emulating GBA games. Playing GBA games will drain the battery at a faster rate as it uses the internal CPU of DS2.
You should get it if you want to play GBA games on your 3DS or if you need to use real time save.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have both the Acekard 2i and Supercard DSTwo. And I can say, it's worth getting the DSTwo. The Acekard 2i is a great card, but DSTwo just has those few things (On-board CPU/Ram, GBA emulation, Snes emulation, ect) that just makes it better.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, go with it if you want the best flash cart that's out right now. It can pretty much do anything any other carts does plus some other goodies with the onboard cpu.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, time to make some money. I have $23...
ohnoes.png

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the dstwo card and acekard 2i. Here is some info on the speed of both cards

on most games, you won't notice the speed difference. But on some games, like metal slug and tecmo bowl kick off, with the acekard 2i I felt like its playing in slow motion. I didn't feel it was slow throughout the whole game, but just on some parts of the game or on certain plays.

But with dstwo card, the game play was normal, all the areas that were slow with acekard 2i, were completely normal speed with the dstwo card.

I believe dstwo has an internal memory, thus making it faster. So dstwo would be my top choice.

D

Deleted-236924

Aijelsop said:
I mean, the cheapest it will get (on Shoptemp) is $32. That's still a lot for a cart.
Do you plan on dumping your games yourself to use them on the DSTwo?

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
I do intend to get a supercard for my Dsi, but atm my R4i sdhc( i know i know :S ) is being a trooper and working fine, even the SNEmulDS is working fine with some of my fave snes roms.

I do agree though, the supercard DSTWO is the buisness.

katrina0126

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,supercard dstwo is a good choice for thoes rich gamers
unsure.gif
.In fact it is really a nice 3ds flashcard,as Supercard DSTwo inherited all the DSOne features and even provide more powerful functions,recently it had by passed the DSi v1.4.3 and 3ds latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?