PS1/2 Should I buy a PS2?

pizza_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, FINALLY bought a fat console yesterday, and just got a genuine memory card off ebay.

Now I need to get the card set up for free mcboot (cobleman, I will be in touch shortly), a network adaptor and a portable HDD, and I'll be set, correct?

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Instead of (Should I buy a PS2?)

It should be (Why NOT buy a PS2!?)
tongue.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
matsurisan said:
I recommend just using the emu, pcsx2. It rocks.

To get a machine that can run the emulator acceptable means to get a shit-powerful Dual core cpu what are not cheap - and yet you are still gaving PC that lacks in other areas against 4 and 8 cores.

A PS2 is cheaper than machine that runs the emulator at full speed

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My opinion> Buy yourself a 2nd hand ps2, softmod it > enjoy the real thang,...

I did buy myself a ps2 a year ago for 50 euro (60-70 dollar?)

Hope you find yourself a nice ps2 soon
biggrin.gif

You dont need a hd and network adaptor when you want to save some hard earned cash,. especially a network adaptor is not needed because there are no games wich are compatible anymore with them i think,..

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Rucario said:
But the network adapter is needed to use a HDD, and thus necessary to use HDDLoader.

In finland... it is impossible to find one (A network adapter).

I have given up, I could check out ebay in some part but that will be hard time.

Also, for me burned DVD's on Sony DVD media work perfectly, plus I still have more real copies than pirated ones (though, My most played at moment is downloaded copy of Persona 4)

Also, local gamestops in finland sell used PS2's for about.. 40 to 50 euros, that is worth it!

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I do have a network adapter but until I get bored of my PS2, I'm not selling it.

I'm currently in the process of getting the right cables to hook up my PS2 to my 23" monitor!

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've just bought a silver PS2 Slimline with memorycard and 2 controllers for only 40 euro (~55 dollars). And yesterday I received my secondhand copy of Agent Under Fire (5 euro ~ 6-7 dollars) and I directly softmodded my PS2. And I'm already enjoying it. I've played Shadow Of The Colossus, Persona 4, God Of War and it is definitely worth the money!

Hours of fun garanteed!

(It is my first Sony home console
tongue.gif
)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz. said:
PS2 has an incredible gaming library, and is my favorite console of all time. Go for one. It's cheaper than buying one PS3 game.
this. it feels like to me, the PS2 appreciated the gamers more... by giving them awesome games.
feels like PS3 is concentrating on entertainment and improving the PS3 but i would love to see more RPGs to be developed on it.
for example: another Persona or an exclusive Final Fantasy [like FF12]

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, definitely if you have missed out some titles, PS2 really has some great games; and if you have a PS3 that plays PS2 games (they all still do, with emulation as I know... at least in Europe) - there still are some games that bug with the PS3 emulation.

I myself really have been WAITING for change to play final fantasy X. and big bunch of other games.

By the way; if you too are interested to know some good plays, This list is really good - It may be related to THAT SITE that it was started by users of... THAT SITE, but it is just a solid list of really good games (even if they are not critically acclaimed) that as player whoever added the game enjoyed. I myself found many DS games through them too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC