Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
RupeeClock said:
Costello said:
I've heard of those SAMSUNG ones, I told ShopTemp to try and look if they can find these
smile.gif

they will definitely be more expensive than the Kingston/Sandisk ones though.

Well it does look to be an excellent microSD for getting the best performance out of any flashcart.
smile.gif

Oh, except R4s, they don't do SDHC, LOL.
I brought a 2GB non HC version from Sainsbury. They were half price. Works well in the old R4.
Was it part of the same Plus range, white microSD?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Mantis41 said:
RupeeClock said:
Costello said:
I've heard of those SAMSUNG ones, I told ShopTemp to try and look if they can find these
smile.gif

they will definitely be more expensive than the Kingston/Sandisk ones though.

Well it does look to be an excellent microSD for getting the best performance out of any flashcart.
smile.gif

Oh, except R4s, they don't do SDHC, LOL.
I brought a 2GB non HC version from Sainsbury. They were half price. Works well in the old R4.
Was it part of the same Plus range, white microSD?
No it was not the plus it was the class 4 range, still light grey colour. Crystal benches at around 6.5MB/s.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Seeing that Shoptemp hasn't posted how to distinguish a Real Kingston from fake, i thought i'd post my own picture.

image0332.jpg

I'll try to find the packaging guys. Pictures say more than a thousand words.
EDIT: i'll look for a taiwanese kingston as well.. I know i have one somewhere...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Costello said:
fgg: that picture isn't representative/interesting/true at all... have you read all the posts above?
especially Rydian's...
Yeah, well, more like skimming throught them... But if they do throw a fake card into the order and you do accidentally ship one, I think by comparing a fake card with a real one, people can distinguish if they have a fake or not. Also, whereabouts is that picture false?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I took a while, but I got my Samsung Plus 8gb Class 6 in the mail!

And well, honestly it's just awesome, it performs even better than my old 8gb Sandisk.
Things such as scrolling through the menus on Platinum, much better now.

Highly recommend it.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:

And well, honestly it's just awesome, it performs even better than my old 8gb Sandisk.

Highly recommend it.
Thanks for the "review".
laugh.gif
Short 'n' sweet...just how I like my ladies
blush.gif

Now to see if any of my relos over there want to by a couple for me and send them over (only been able to find one site that ships to Oz, but at double the price of UK pricing).

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
all Kingston "made in Japan" cards are just relabelled Toshiba anyway... the same cards are sold under maybe a dozen other brand names around the world. I dunno why people have this attachment to Kingston in particular.

hell, Taiwanese class-6 cards from Transcend or A-Data are better than any class-4 Kingston - if the cards are imported from Taiwan anyway, why not sell those?

eponie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bollocks said:
all Kingston "made in Japan" cards are just relabelled Toshiba anyway... the same cards are sold under maybe a dozen other brand names around the world. I dunno why people have this attachment to Kingston in particular.

hell, Taiwanese class-6 cards from Transcend or A-Data are better than any class-4 Kingston - if the cards are imported from Taiwan anyway, why not sell those?

I used Transcend 8gb class 4 micro sd in my palm centro. It was fine for a year until one day I found the data is all gone, left nothing but my broken heart, make me really want to spit on that Lifetime Warranty mark. This time I got Kingston for my dsi as my friends suggested. Let's see if it is really better.....

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my old kingston was made in japan, it died and kingston replaced it for free but they sent a taiwan one back
frown.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:

Highly recommend it.
Thought you would like the sammys.
wink.gif

One thing to watch is the power consumption. The standard SD (i think) are rated up to 80mA and SDHC are rated up to about 200mA however some high speed cards have been reportedly measured drawing close to 450mA under load. Not sure how this would translate in overall power consumption for the DS.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Kingston that came with my $6 R4DS seems to be legit, it performs just fine.
The USB adapter bundled with the R4DS is very slow though, don't mistake the microSD being slow because of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1