Shin Megami Tensei V will have a simultaneous release worldwide in 2021

Revealed during today's Nintendo Direct Mini was a new trailer for the long-awaited Shin Megami Tensei V. Not only is the game still in development, but it's not too far from an actual release. In a world without its Creator, which path shall you choose? You'll be able to decide that when the game launches next year in 2021, with a simultaneous release in North America, Europe, and Japan.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You said you're sick of games like these and that it's generic. Which is anything but true.
Its not true that im sick?

Anyway, thats not really it....sort of. yes im sick but

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well.....Didnt really expect to discuss it but... i was just comenting what i noticed.

but...i know its different, evey anime is different, but they all share the same mold. You can tell by looking at them. And as for pride i meant that you can see that in every anime which also gives it that non original seal. I mean they are japanese yes, but among japanese games they are all so similar.
I wanted to point out how i like japanese (or any other) games that i dont know who made them, that deal with topics in such way that is free from japanese influence, amnirism, topic dealing etc, but is made in japan because for years of watching anime and japanese video games i can certanly tell when a game is from japan. Im impressed with games where i cant tell by those little "mold prints".

You can point me any aspect of that game and ill tell you that its destinct japanese and where you can find that similar thing in other japanese media, games, anime etc.

Ghibly is a great example of original animated movies. in general...
Metroid is kinda out of the mold thing... it just doesnt have anything to do with japan or japanese and no destinct manirism, way of talk..just a normal sci fi story thats wery original (yes its based on alien i know..but BASED..its really its own thing these days)

Japan is known to like to show their pride and promote japan to the world in every way and weirdness...

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Its not true that im sick?

Anyway, thats not really it....sort of. yes im sick but

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well.....Didnt really expect to discuss it but... i was just comenting what i noticed.

but...i know its different, evey anime is different, but they all share the same mold. You can tell by looking at them. And as for pride i meant that you can see that in every anime which also gives it that non original seal. I mean they are japanese yes, but among japanese games they are all so similar.
I wanted to point out how i like japanese (or any other) games that i dont know who made them, that deal with topics in such way that is free from japanese influence, amnirism, topic dealing etc, but is made in japan because for years of watching anime and japanese video games i can certanly tell when a game is from japan. Im impressed with games where i cant tell by those little "mold prints".

You can point me any aspect of that game and ill tell you that its destinct japanese and where you can find that similar thing in other japanese media, games, anime etc.

Ghibly is a great example of original animated movies. in general...
Metroid is kinda out of the mold thing... it just doesnt have anything to do with japan or japanese and no destinct manirism, way of talk..just a normal sci fi story thats wery original (yes its based on alien i know..but BASED..its really its own thing these days)

Japan is known to like to show their pride and promote japan to the world in every way and weirdness...

Pretty much all media can fit into these three main types:

- Medieval (Fantasy or not)
- Contemporany (with magic, robots, etc... or not)
- Futuristic (same as above

Even Ghibli productions will have some similar traits with other media.
Most games or anime can be easily found to be Japanese due to it's distinct art style.

Anyway, this has gone way too off topic.
The point is, SMT doesn't follow the usual molds. You may find some tropes sure, but those tropes are part of what makes the series loved by it's fans.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Pretty much all media can fit into these three main types:

- Medieval (Fantasy or not)
- Contemporany (with magic, robots, etc... or not)
- Futuristic (same as above

Even Ghibli productions will have some similar traits with other media.
Most games or anime can be easily found to be Japanese due to it's distinct art style.

Anyway, this has gone way too off topic.
The point is, SMT doesn't follow the usual molds. You may find some tropes sure, but those tropes are part of what makes the series loved by it's fans.
i didnt meant that.
Welp i see you still dont get it....so if you dont see or understand my point, than i feel annoyed (nothing personal) to explain and argue (i mean have a conversation about it).
Sorry, its not you really. i dont feel like xplaining, i just wanted to leave a comment as my reaction to itto people taht do actually get it...

But i respect what you said, youre right about it its just now what i meant.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played them, but from what I've seen SMT3 seems to be the go to answer when fans are asked which one the best one is. It is balls hard though, so be aware of that.
Sounds like I can't go wrong then playing them in order from SMT3 remake to SMT4 and then SMT5 when it releases, thanks. I'll be sure to stick with normal difficulty too, where my first instinct with P4G was to play on hard (and I found it well-balanced on that difficulty, maybe a bit easy after a certain point).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that this has a simultaneous world release is a big deal to many Atlus fans. I hope it is the start of a new trend, usually localization of some of their bigger titles takes between 6 and 12 months.

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Revealed during today's Nintendo Direct Mini was a new trailer for the long-awaited Shin Megami Tensei V. Not only is the game still in development, but it's not too far from an actual release. In a world without its Creator, which path shall you choose? You'll be able to decide that when the game launches next year in 2021, with a simultaneous release in North America, Europe, and Japan.

Can't believe i was 21 when i bought SMT IV with some of my friends from Gamestop. Super hyped for this game!

Coyote_Mao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Never played any of the SMT games besides Persona I-III... Guess since it's on the Switch I'll have no excuse not to give this one a try when it comes out. :D

Jonnysert

Trophies
Website
giupviectheogio.com
XP
Country
Canada
is it just me or does this seem directly connected to nocturne? mostly cause lucifer and the demon the protag touches looks eerily similar to a mutate/evolved demi-fiend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet +1