Shenmue 3 pre-orders start today and is headed towards full-scale production

original.jpg
After a surprise Kickstarter announcement during 2015's E3, little was heard of the highly anticipated sequel. You might even be forgiven to have thought it wouldn't even happen, being Kickstarted and all.

But fear not! Shenmue series creator Yu Suzuki updated us on the state of the game in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu, which the folks at gematsu have translated and also in an update in their Kickstarter campaign:

"Development is entering the final stage headed towards full-scale production. Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos.

“We will continue progressing with development so that our backers and those who experience the world of Shenmue for the first time can do so with pleasure.

“Also, at noon on December 15, we will start pre-order sales for the PC version of Shenmue III, which received a lot of requests.

Those interested in Shenmue III, please check the official website."

The Kickstarter campaign even accompanied the update with new work-in-progress visuals:

a95ac8c030779c6273ddc148ece21676_original.jpg 162426e96fe48fd1254bed2aa9338305_original.jpg c2914dbf24fd052d70d95a69518ba851_original.jpg

So there you have it! Shenmue 3 is alive and well, and apparently coming next December!

:arrow: SOURCE

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely absolutely 100% play Shenmue 1 and 2. The graphics are still amazing and it doesn't try to do anything mechanics wise that would be or feel outdated. Solid Virtua Fighter engine for battle segments still is great.

Also no matter what people tell you, don't shell out the $100+ for a Dreamcast copy of 2. The Xbox version of 2 is literally $2 CiB and is exactly the same(with added benefits of better framerates and no disc swapping)
Thanks mate.
I dont want nor I have 100$ for a Dreamcast copy :D No worries there!
I'll definitely give it a try!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit