Hacking Sharing an external hard drive?

limesherbert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I have a question here: Is there such thing as a "usb splitter" or something of the sort that would let both my PC and my Wii access an external HDD at the same time? And if it does does it work with Wii? just wondering so I don't have to continously move my HDD from my basement (where the wii is) to my comp. desk and back every time I want to use it. thanks
happy.gif

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Wii is in the basement, and from what I understand, you computer would be upstairs, correct? Then what sort of adapter were you looking for? Wireless?

Also, just thought I would let anybody know, I have an external enclosure with eSATA and USB, and I have experimented with this, when one or the other connections is active, ie device detects drive, the other one will not work.

This is only my personal experience from this, and it was used with eSATA and USB, you may have had a different experience, so don't be sendin' no hate mail.
smile.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
caster62003 said:
If the Wii is in the basement, and from what I understand, you computer would be upstairs, correct? Then what sort of adapter were you looking for? Wireless?

Also, just thought I would let anybody know, I have an external enclosure with eSATA and USB, and I have experimented with this, when one or the other connections is active, ie device detects drive, the other one will not work.

This is only my personal experience from this, and it was used with eSATA and USB, you may have had a different experience, so don't be sendin' no hate mail.
smile.gif
Correct. A hard drive accessed by multiple devices does not work. If device A tells the disk to read X and device B simulaneously wants to read Y, then you have an evident conflict. W

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...