Hacking Official ShadowNAND

Which path would you like ShadowNAND and SaltFW to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm. Or the instructions on installing are not right or I'm just plain stupid. (Probably the latter)

I keep getting errors on "secret_sector.bin" with the shadownand installer. I don't know where it expects it to be so it's kind of weird. Also I don't know what does it expect. Is the 0x11slot96 key ?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Read the installation instructions over and over again without skipping anything.

Yeah I've got it. I don't know what exactly fixed it since I did like three copies of the "other required files". In think there should be some lines on where the installer expects to find every file, for brickheads like me. But I got it running. It's great.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
This is why I installed the region-free HOME Menu.cia that was released here a few months ago... no relying on CFW for a region free console. I recommend it, it's on that ISO site.

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm looking forward to use this. SO MUCH.
Once this supports EmuNand, TWL & AGB patches and an uncomplicated optipn to boot D9, I'll instantly switch from my AuroraA9LH & Luma setup to ShadowNAND.

BTW: I hope more developers will adopt your SD-structure. Having one homebrew folder for 3dsx apps, appdata, themes, a9lh payloads is something I dream of since smea introduced the 3ds folder(except for a9lh payloads, but I think you get my point :D)

Reactions: Shadowhand

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Need some advice please.

I've successfully installed shadowNAND on my O3DS Reg JP (Region changed to US). I've used Luma3DS as CFW by just renaming arm9loaderhax.bin to boot.bin and it boots up successfully, even the GM9, HG9, Emu9, Dec9 works when holding down the buttons during boot.

My concern is, is it really required to have bootmgr.bin since I can successfully boot up other payloads on boot using Luma? Because I'm having the impression that bootmgr is only needed IF I use CFW without the capability to launch other payloads at boot.

Also, I can't seem to boot up SysNAND when no SD card is inserted. Power indicator lights up but no display on screens at all.

Thanks in advance.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice please.

I've successfully installed shadowNAND on my O3DS Reg JP (Region changed to US). I've used Luma3DS as CFW by just renaming arm9loaderhax.bin to boot.bin and it boots up successfully, even the GM9, HG9, Emu9, Dec9 works when holding down the buttons during boot.

My concern is, is it really required to have bootmgr.bin since I can successfully boot up other payloads on boot using Luma? Because I'm having the impression that bootmgr is only needed IF I use CFW without the capability to launch other payloads at boot.

Also, I can't seem to boot up SysNAND when no SD card is inserted. Power indicator lights up but no display on screens at all.

Thanks in advance.
1) You can use Luma's payload chainloading if you so wish, no problems there whatsoever. It's important that you use bootmgr.bin if you're a developer though, if not, simply ignore it.

2) ShadowNAND doesn't have the capability to run region-changed consoles yet, so you're stuck with your SD for a little longer.

Reactions: annson24

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1) You can use Luma's payload chainloading if you so wish, no problems there whatsoever. It's important that you use bootmgr.bin if you're a developer though, if not, simply ignore it.

2) ShadowNAND doesn't have the capability to run region-changed consoles yet, so you're stuck with your SD for a little longer.
Region limitations I guess (?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Need some advice please.

Thanks in advance.
Try get a legit US secureinfo_a file, if your using a hex edited file then the signatures are broken and it will not boot in sd less shadownand

Reactions: Shadowhand

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Try get a legit US secureinfo_a file, if your using a hex edited file then the signatures are broken and it will not boot in sd less shadownand
I was using a hex edited one. I have a n3ds xl us. If I were to use its secureinfo_a for my jp console won't it affect my n3ds in any way? If not, can I use it on multiple devices then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I was using a hex edited one. I have a n3ds xl us. If I were to use its secureinfo_a for my jp console won't it affect my n3ds in any way? If not, can I use it on multiple devices then?

It *should* be OK, but if you want to be safe iirc there is a collection of public legit secureinfo_a files on "that iso site" just so you don't risk your real US system, although Afaik nothing has happened in regards to people using donor secureinfo files

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It *should* be OK, but if you want to be safe iirc there is a collection of public legit secureinfo_a files on "that iso site" just so you don't risk your real US system, although Afaik nothing has happened in regards to people using donor secureinfo files
Great! By "that iso site," do you mean that iso site or THAT other iso site? Hahaha just messing with you. Will check both. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3