• Total voters

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what you guys thought of the new Street Fighter game, but I reviewed it back when it came out and it was one of the biggest slaps in the face a game studio has ever done to it's fans.
The fact that they leave out SO MUCH content and have the nerve to charge you for a season pass later is absolutely insulting! A short review stating all the reasons it sucks is below.

Your thoughts?

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one is forcing you either to turn a reviewers word into propaganda.
Its not just a reviews word. It's my word. That is MY review. Instead of writing a big huge article I thought a video would convey the message in a much more clear and entertaining way. :/

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom has been doing things like this since the original street fighter 2 series. It is nothing new and even if people don't like it, they will pay for it anyways because it is a capcom game and people favor street fighter more than any other fighting game series since it was first to set the standard for fighting games. I personally think there are better series then street fighter at this point but that's just me.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom has been doing things like this since the original street fighter 2 series. It is nothing new and even if people don't like it, they will pay for it anyways because it is a capcom game and people favor street fighter more than any other fighting game series since it was first to set the standard for fighting games. I personally think there are better series then street fighter at this point but that's just me.
Says the person with bison as his avatar. Lol.:creep:

DHSi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to defend Capcom, but the reason Street Fighter V was lacking all of that content at launch was so that they could have the game out in time for Capcom Pro Tour and the upcoming EVO 2016, so that competitive eSports players could train for those tournaments. Capcom has been so focused on catering to the Street Fighter eSports scene for years now, they only developed enough content the hardcore players actually needed and would develop content that were in the other games much later on. Because of their strong focus on the competitive scene for this game, they lacked the content that the casual audience wanted, which the game did not perform well in critical response from the casual audience (Pro players actually like the game) and in sales. Capcom publicly stated that they realized this, which is why they are currently reworking the way they're developing this game.

Capcom is not even forcing you to purchase the season pass too. Since Day One, the game had a system where you earn in-game credits with every match played. The more matches you played, the more credits you get, and you could use those credits to purchase DLC with those credits instead of using real money.

Last edited by DHSi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol