Hacking Setting up A9LH on my 2DS

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am a little irretated. I have a 9.2.0-30E 2DS with Luma3Ds 6.5 and Emunand 11.2.0-35E and Menuhax. I was aware from A9LH all times but installed it to my N3DS (safea9lhinstaller) which worked so easy in 1min... now i love A9LH and want to set it up on my 2DS to. The Guide i read in the past included a real downgrade to 2.1. but now there is 2.1.0 ctrtransfer. Does this mean that i dont have to downgrade with all the cia files in the update folder?

Another thing:

If you downgrade to 2.1.0 on a 2DS and left Wireless Communication off, you can re-enable the wireless by removing the battery for several seconds then booting back up.

Does this mean that i should leave the Wifi enabled?

Which steps in "installing-arm9loaderhax" can i skip because i have Luma3Ds and Emunand already set up.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Don't skip anything. Everything is done on sysNAND, so having Luma & an emuNAND already isn't relevant. You will have to do the optional section near the end to flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND.

Just follow the guide as written and you'll have no problems.

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh ok Thank you i Got it. When i finish the Guide i have a Custom Sysnand and can then move my Emunand to Custom Sysnand.

But one more question. In the install arm9loaderhax section is One Step:

Old 3DS
  • You should be on 2.1.0
So i still have to downgrade to 2.1.0 with all the System CIA files? Bcause this step is Not mentioned in the Guide anymore

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh ok Thank you i Got it. When i finish the Guide i have a Custom Sysnand and can then move my Emunand to Custom Sysnand.

But one more question. In the install arm9loaderhax section is One Step:

Old 3DS
  • You should be on 2.1.0
So i still have to downgrade to 2.1.0 with all the System CIA files? Bcause this step is Not mentioned in the Guide anymore

Please start the guide from the beginning... https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

If you have a 9.2 SysNAND you should follow the guide from there. Since you're still running MenuHAX then you don't have a custom SysNAND.

You should begin the guide where it asks you what console and region you have then what version of the System Software you're running, and you should pick from 9.0 to 9.2 (Given your information). If you have a browser just pick "Decrypt 9 (Browser)" for a CTRTransfer downgrade to 2.1.0, else just click on "Homebrew Launcher (No Browser)".

Regarding Wi-Fi, best to leave your Wi-Fi ON with a valid connection before proceeding with the downgrade. It'll stay on throughout the whole process. If you don't, removing the battery for a few seconds then placing it back in will reset the Wi-Fi back to ON.

Near the end of the guide it explains how to move your EmuNAND contents from your MenuHAX configuration to your A9LH SysNAND.

If you follow through the guide calmly and thoroughly you should end up with a successful installation of A9LH on your 2DS without any problems.

Last edited by GearCross,
Reactions: Testo90

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much for the good explanation. I think I got it. I try the to go step by step through the guide.

So there is no real downgrade to 2.1.0 with necessary because of the Ctrtransfer? The point you should be on 2.1.0 means the ctrtransfer? Did I get this right?

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you very much for the good explanation. I think I got it. I try the to go step by step through the guide.

So there is no real downgrade to 2.1.0 with necessary because of the Ctrtransfer? The point you should be on 2.1.0 means the ctrtransfer? Did I get this right?

The CTRTransfer is what is used to downgrade your 2DS to version 2.1.0. Nothing else needed. So, yes, following the guide through, when you reach that point in it, you'll be in 2.1. After booting Decrypt9 it's literally the first thing you do; Begin the CTRTransfer proceedure.

Like I said, if you follow the steps thoroughly you will be good, no need to back and forth on the guide. You will be running 11.2 on A9LH by the time you reach the end of the guide.

Good luck. :)

Sidenote: I just did that exact method on an O3DS that had version 7.2 and it took me about 2 hours from completely stock to A9LH and SysNAND 11.2.

Reactions: Testo90

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The CTRTransfer is what is used to downgrade your 2DS to version 2.1.0. Nothing else needed. So, yes, following the guide through, when you reach that point in it, you'll be in 2.1. After booting Decrypt9 it's literally the first thing you do; Begin the CTRTransfer proceedure.

Like I said, if you follow the steps thoroughly you will be good, no need to back and forth on the guide. You will be running 11.2 on A9LH by the time you reach the end of the guide.

Good luck. :)

Sidenote: I just did that exact method on an O3DS that had version 7.2 and it took me about 2 hours from completely stock to A9LH and SysNAND 11.2.
Thank you for your help :) tomorrow I have a lot of time. Then i will try this

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys i went step by step but now im stuck. Im at Installing Arm9loaderhax and my screen glichted when i entered the URL. I pressed select to install. waited 20s and turned off my 2DS. Copied the OTP.bin to my Computer. But when i power on my 2Ds i see the normal system with the screen distortions but luma3ds doesnt start while holding select or hourgalss9 with start. Any help? Should i redo the steps with installing a9lh?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, missed a step:

1. Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax release zip to a9lh folder on your SD card
:P

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For now i Backup my Emunand and want to move it to Sysnand. Did Ctrtransfer. Everything is working now.

Do i have to do the following step?

What does this exactly mean? Beacuse i didnt backed up the tik files. I deleted them as in the guide mentioned.

Section VII - Reinstalling Tickets
This section is only needed for devices that did a ctrtransfer earlier and had to back up their tickets.

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For now i Backup my Emunand and want to move it to Sysnand. Did Ctrtransfer. Everything is working now.

Do i have to do the following step?

What does this exactly mean? Beacuse i didnt backed up the tik files. I deleted them as in the guide mentioned.

Section VII - Reinstalling Tickets
This section is only needed for devices that did a ctrtransfer earlier and had to back up their tickets.

Thats because you had no tickets beginning with 00 to back up. You're good to go.

Same happened with the O3DS that I installed A9LH, I presume that tickets that start with 01 were all system app tickets (Like settings menu, etc).

Just continue on with the guide as normal. :lol:

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the Answer GearCross ;) i have like 6 files with 00- in files9 folder. So i have to reinstall these 6 files? Right now im copying my EmuNand to SysNand and then if everything works i delete the parition with Godmode9. Till now it looks good!

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the Answer GearCross ;) i have like 6 files with 00- in files9 folder. So i have to reinstall these 6 files? Right now im copying my EmuNand to SysNand and then if everything works i delete the parition with Godmode9. Till now it looks good!

Ah, so you did back them up. Then you should recover them so that any games you had installed on EmuNAND keep working. Follow the procedure to restore them then.

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did the backup with my original sysnand so i think when i move my emunand to nand every files are in that backup, so i dont have to restore the files (tik.) from nand?

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did the backup with my original sysnand so i think when i move my emunand to nand every files are in that backup, so i dont have to restore the files (tik.) from nand?

I'm not really sure since I had no tickets to back up when I last did A9LH... You can try when you copy the EmuNAND over...

When I converted my N3DS MenuHAX installation to A9LH using the OTPLess I didn't have to backup any tickets, copying the EmuNAND over to SysNAND took care of that... The process for an O3DS might be different, so in your case I would do as the guide tells, it shouldn't take too long to recover the tickets anyway :)

Better safe than sorry.

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok thank you very much for your help, i test everyhing, and if it works i leave the tik files on my computer. If i need them in the past i will transfer them. Finnaly A9LH on my 2DS. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok