SetRegion-GUI by wad11656 fix/increase PS1 games compatibility with PSP and PSVita.

SetRegion-GUI by: wad 11656

Convert the region sectors of PS1 .bin disc images (without modifying the game's display resolution).

ScreenShot.png
ScreenShot.png

I want to share with you for those who are interested in playing PS1 on PSP and PSVita Adrenaline a great GUI recently released created by our friend wad11656 who helped me a lot to fix PS1 games on PSP and Vita mainly because they have an incredibly updated compatibility list tenacious, I've never seen anything like it for a mostly solo job like what he did for this list.

But the GITHub page of SetRegion-GUI, by wad11656, is more than a GUI, it's a complete tutorial, didactic and with workarounds so that everything goes as smoothly as possible in an attempt to make a game that doesn't work on portables become functional.

I recommend this excellent work to everyone:

>>> SetRegion-GUI

Last edited by The_Ho,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, has anyone found a Mortal Kombat Trilogy fix or eboot / PBP that now works correctly on PSVita? Thanks in advance.
Hello, the biggest focus is on games that don't work well on Vita's Retroarch and PSP's PopsLoader so that they can work on Adrenaline or PSP 6.61.

How is the MKT on the Retroarch VITA?... so far they have informed me that everything is going well.

Looks like it can compress it into CHD. Any news about MKT for Adrenaline will be posted here.

Big hug.:)

Reactions: Reploid

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, the biggest focus is on games that don't work well on Vita's Retroarch and PSP's PopsLoader so that they can work on Adrenaline or PSP 6.61.

How is the MKT on the Retroarch VITA?... so far they have informed me that everything is going well.

Looks like it can compress it into CHD. Any news about MKT for Adrenaline will be posted here.

Big hug.:)
Let's wait a bit more.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gran Turismo 2 (Full Speed)

Unfortunately the method only works for PSP so far.

SetRegionGUI for JP
Compression 1
GAMEID: SLPS02480
POPsLoader: 6.10(Recommend), 6.00 or 5.50, 5.51.

Arcade Mode and Simulation Mode should work with full FPS (or for the more sensitive, almost full)

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
By checking with a replay, the difference between in game time and a chronometer is of about 2 seconds (2:49 IGT against 2:51 RT). That's about a difference margin of less than 2% speed, a differing so small that one would never notice when playing normally.

Last edited by Webardo,
Reactions: The_Ho

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

SetRegionGUI for JP
Compression 1

Arcade Mode and Simulation Mode should work with full FPS (or for the more sensitive, almost full)
The very same settings also fix Crash Team Racing's lag, making it run with no frame stutter now.

Do not use that ID, please use SCPS-10087.

Last edited by Webardo,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The very same settings also fix Crash Team Racing's lag, making it run with no frame stutter now.
Thanks so much for taking the time to test this out for us. I have reports that the Wacky Races game is also slow, but I haven't had time to test it yet.

EDIT: There's a version of CTR: Crash Team Racing on PSN, I've never played it, does it run well?..
Post automatically merged:

SetRegionGUI for JP
Compression 1

I tested it with Wacky Races and it seems to work too.

Last edited by The_Ho,
Reactions: Webardo

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks so much for taking the time to test this out for us. I have reports that the Wacky Races game is also slow, but I haven't had time to test it yet.

EDIT: There's a version of CTR: Crash Team Racing on PSN, I've never played it, does it run well?..
Post automatically merged:

I tested it with Wacky Races and it seems to work too.
Then it seems those settings should fix lag in a few different games.

About CTR, the PSN version also lags, I 100%'ed this one. It's not that bad, but certainly not as fluid as playing on a PS1.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Road Rash:

Fast disk speed seems to fix the problem.

But as another solution, SetRegionGUI for JAP and GAMEID SLPS02480 on firmware 6.61 or
POPsLoader 6.10

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SetRegionGUI for JP
Compression 1

So, this should make "The Italian Job" run as good as on a real ps1 (still laggy, but not as much as before).

Last edited by Webardo,

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like Need For Speed III gets a little faster with the same method, but still no chance to enable the songs :/

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe popbios could help? It did some weird things in a few of my games. It helped to get past the language selection for BBLIT for me (although textures corrupt heavily after the title screen, and the sound is stuttery).

Try to use Scph-7502, that's what the original developer of the plugin recommended.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crusaders of Might and Magic

SetRegionGUI for JAP
GAMEID:SLPS02480
Firmware 6.61 or 6.10.

It seems to solve the problems with slowdowns and stuttering.
Maybe popbios could help? It did some weird things in a few of my games. It helped to get past the language selection for BBLIT for me (although textures corrupt heavily after the title screen, and the sound is stuttery).

Try to use Scph-7502, that's what the original developer of the plugin recommended.
The best performance I got with POPBios in BBLIT a long time ago was with SLPS02480, however it is quite slow during the effects.

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you all for continuing to search and finding solutions to the problems of these games that until now were not functional on Vita or PSP, at this step we are approaching 100% compatibility of the entire ps1 catalog.

Webardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And it crashed. Was playing adventure mode and it locked, with the psp turning off by itself after finishing a race. I see why the Id of CTR (SCUS-94426) is present in the pops binaries...

Use the ID SCPS-10087 for CTR.

Last edited by Webardo,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SetRegion-GUI by: wad 11656

Convert the region sectors of PS1 .bin disc images (without modifying the game's display resolution).

ScreenShot.png
ScreenShot.png

I want to share with you for those who are interested in playing PS1 on PSP and PSVita Adrenaline a great GUI recently released created by our friend wad11656 who helped me a lot to fix PS1 games on PSP and Vita mainly because they have an incredibly updated compatibility list tenacious, I've never seen anything like it for a mostly solo job like what he did for this list.

But the GITHub page of SetRegion-GUI, by wad11656, is more than a GUI, it's a complete tutorial, didactic and with workarounds so that everything goes as smoothly as possible in an attempt to make a game that doesn't work on portables become functional.

I recommend this excellent work to everyone:

>>> SetRegion-GUI
YOU, my good sir (and everyone else involved), are a GOD. "Thank God for you Ender, thank God!!!" :bow:

• Love

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it crashed. Was playing adventure mode and it locked, with the psp turning off by itself after finishing a race. I see why the Id of CTR (SCUS-94426) is present in the pops binaries...

Well, i think it may be due to a memory overflow? You can play perfectly for a few minutes, until it hangs. Oxide's Station is big enough for it to crash in about 4 laps, and if playing the adventure mode, it can last up to 3 races tops.

EDIT: I am very stupid. Everything's fine and dandy with 6.61 instead of 6.10, which is quite unstable.
J.F.C.

Your avatar gives me NIGHTMARES...

:gun:

• Haha
Reactions: Webardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol