Hacking SetMiiUp! From Stock to Latest Softmod in less then 5-10 minutes!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
o-o, i dont know, its just zipped, it isn't packed, neither compressed as an exe, its just compiled, zipped and uploaded. o-o;

It removed the rar file instantly. MBAM isn't saying anything about it, so I'm not worried. Just curious.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It removed the rar file instantly. MBAM isn't saying anything about it, so I'm not worried. Just curious.
i just did a VirusTotal if that helps, and here are the results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...2427e8b690448d2f692bed24/analysis/1485900705/

According to it,
Qihoo-360 detects something names HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen, however a quick google search, specifies that i need to check "Optimize code in order to prevent this false positive", more info here:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...-infected-exe-files?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i just did a VirusTotal if that helps, and here are the results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...2427e8b690448d2f692bed24/analysis/1485900705/

According to it,
Qihoo-360 detects something names HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen, however a quick google search, specifies that i need to check "Optimize code in order to prevent this false positive", more info here:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...-infected-exe-files?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Windows Defender has issues. HA!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

nix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you, I followed this guide to update my softmod that I did a while ago.

My noob feedback is that Step 4 (installing WADs in Multi-Mod Manager) failed for me because I had to install a patched IOS236 first (which I did after checking the ModMii_sysCheck_Updater_Guide.html ). So I think a warning to check that or do it in case the WADs don't install will make it more dumb-proof.

Last edited by nix31,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using WinForms or WPF? WPF has the handy Frame/Page navigation system you can use instead of tabs. Also, signing the assembly with a key should stop the false positives.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

nix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you using WinForms or WPF? WPF has the handy Frame/Page navigation system you can use instead of tabs.

EDIT: nevermind, didn't realize you were asking the OP.

I'm not familiar with these! Are you talking about different ways to visualize the custom ModMii guide?

Last edited by nix31,

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this upgrade the system to 4.2 before modding? I only ask as you specify 2GB SD card and 4.2 systems can use up to 32GB which is useful for people wanting to have a bunch of emulators installed, or for people who want to run Wii/GCN backups but can't afford an external HDD.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using WinForms or WPF? WPF has the handy Frame/Page navigation system you can use instead of tabs. Also, signing the assembly with a key should stop the false positives.
Winform, as yes, i do know that WPF has Tab options, will try to port it later if possible/desire.

Does this upgrade the system to 4.2 before modding? I only ask as you specify 2GB SD card and 4.2 systems can use up to 32GB which is useful for people wanting to have a bunch of emulators installed, or for people who want to run Wii/GCN backups but can't afford an external HDD.
2gb its for the MOD only, once you mode it, you can use whatever sd card you use, but hackmii installer reads 2gb sd best, some user reported that 4gb also works, but the details are very small, you can check the table reported.
here:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii/SD_Card_Compatibility_List

and here:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

This could be added for vWii as well, couldn't it? Just a separate option for separate instructions
Yeah, i could easily do that, by just changing some groupbox and adding different ares for the vwii tab, as well as warning and their different instructions, as DONT FAKESIGN THE IOS when dumping them among others.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome Job!!! I have WI that;s in my closet for a few years that has not been modded so I will need to test this out.

Sharruken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Handy little app here, saved me a lot of time when softmodding my friend's Wii for them, I've been out of the loop way too long when it comes to the Wii, as I actually softmodded mine way back, not sure exactly how long ago it was, but it was back when I had to wait for something to be available for the LU65+ Wiis to be released

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a VERY outdated Wii that was last updated/exploited around the time backups first became possible possible, but not in a common filesystem format (it was something weird instead). It has Boot2Bootmii. I think my system's primary disk loading channel was also hacked to play backup DVDs (I got into the the wii scene back when the only homebrew was tetris and you needed to run it off a Gamecube memory Card SD-Adapter). Will this interfere with Bootmii? Will this fix my disk loader channel back to normal?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handy little app here, saved me a lot of time when softmodding my friend's Wii for them, I've been out of the loop way too long when it comes to the Wii, as I actually softmodded mine way back, not sure exactly how long ago it was, but it was back when I had to wait for something to be available for the LU65+ Wiis to be released
Glad it helped you!

I have a VERY outdated Wii that was last updated/exploited around the time backups first became possible possible, but not in a common filesystem format (it was something weird instead). It has Boot2Bootmii. I think my system's primary disk loading channel was also hacked to play backup DVDs (I got into the the wii scene back when the only homebrew was tetris and you needed to run it off a Gamecube memory Card SD-Adapter). Will this interfere with Bootmii? Will this fix my disk loader channel back to normal?

If you softmod your wii using this, it will generate a custom personal download that will work for you wii and will indeed let you use the latest softmodd possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM