Hacking SetMiiUp! From Stock to Latest Softmod in less then 5-10 minutes!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One 'dumb' question. Am I safe in just doing a fresh format in FAT32 and wiping the 'private' folder or should I copy that to a temp folder and replace it after formatting to FAT32. Card is currently FAT so I need to format regardless. Thanks in advance.
you can start as many times as you wants, the private folder includes installed games and some data, you can simply use any SD card [2gb or less] and sometimes higher, and start the guide, the private folder is not neede,d if you dont have anything on the wii that is primordial, then just format it as fat32 and start the guide.

lastchild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can start as many times as you wants, the private folder includes installed games and some data, you can simply use any SD card [2gb or less] and sometimes higher, and start the guide, the private folder is not neede,d if you dont have anything on the wii that is primordial, then just format it as fat32 and start the guide.
Roger, Roger. Grazie

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason your letterbomb implementation was failing to make the pink exploit letter show up. The letterbomb site still worked though. 4.1U Wii.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason your letterbomb implementation was failing to make the pink exploit letter show up. The letterbomb site still worked though. 4.1U Wii.
Wildbrand is was released later than Letterbomb, so it should do the work, maybe a bad configuration on your side_ easily more than 200 wii´s softmodded with this, and every single one worked.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wildbrand is was released later than Letterbomb, so it should do the work, maybe a bad configuration on your side_ easily more than 200 wii´s softmodded with this, and every single one worked.
Bad configuration in what way? I followed what you said and no exploit was occurring.

Reactions: DanTheManMS

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad configuration in what way? I followed what you said and no exploit was occurring.
Wrong Date on your Wii, Wrong Mac Address? there are several factors. the Exploit its generated to be 1 days or the next day to the current one, if your wii is not synced with the exact time, then this will happen ;D

Date and Time.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong Date on your Wii, Wrong Mac Address? there are several factors. the Exploit its generated to be 1 days or the next day to the current one, if your wii is not synced with the exact time, then this will happen ;D

Date and Time.
I checked date/mac several times - these items are also needed for the letterbomb site (which worked). I was not being incompetent. The exploit was just failing to trigger.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked date/mac several times - these items are also needed for the letterbomb site (which worked). I was not being incompetent. The exploit was just failing to trigger.

Try a different SD card maybe? Letterbomb is finicky about them. A plain 2GB SD (not SDHC/XC) is the best to use.

Reactions: x65943

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've modded over a dozen Wiis. On a couple of them it didn't show up for me either. All I did, beside getting mad, was try checking the messages the next day and it showed up as it should have originally after install on the day prior. Weird, almost like it had to wait 24hrs for the time on the Wii to cycle.

Reactions: x65943

Katamori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been trying for a little while it's my first time doing this but I am getting the same error in regards to wilbrand.exe however I can download the file manually and have done so but I'm stuck as to what to do next.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seem like an error from a change in GITHUB, ill try to fix it when i have time, in the meanwhile, you can download wilbrand.exe from the adress that the error provides, and put it aside with the .exe

I should fix it in the next release.

Katamori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seem like an error from a change in GITHUB, ill try to fix it when i have time, in the meanwhile, you can download wilbrand.exe from the adress that the error provides, and put it aside with the .exe

I should fix it in the next release.
Oddly enough if I download it and put it in with the exe it tries to download it anyway gives the error and deletes the file.

Memnoch9299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running into the same problem. Went to mod a Wii this morning and having the same error regarding the wiibrand.exe as mentioned above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill