Set Up and Review of CycloDS iEvolution

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
00_cyclods_ievo_review_header.png

Here is a video showing you a full video of the CycloDS iEvo. In this video I talk about: How to set it up, Physical build itself, Entire settings menu, DSL/DSi Mode, Extra features of the iEvo, Much more...[/p]

[tv]259981-194[/tv]
Set Up and Review of CycloDS iEvolution
A full set up and review of the CycloDS iEvo

icon11.gif
CycloDS iEvolution Firmware + Moonshell
icon42.gif
Youtube Video
icon26.gif
Official GBAtemp review of the CycloDS iEvolution by Another World

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how the video is not in a Youtube format, you should consider putting the links to the software under the video for easy access.

Other than that, it was a really good review. I still don't want one and I think it was a waste of time on Team Cyclops' part.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Seeing as how the video is not in a Youtube format, you should consider putting the links to the software under the video for easy access.

Other than that, it was a really good review. I still don't want one and I think it was a waste of time on Team Cyclops' part.

added

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
another excellent video by haddad!
keep up the good work!

ps: I reformatted the news post a bit
wink.gif

ps 2: we should all save up to get you a new carpet
tongue.gif

Z

Zorua

Costello said:
another excellent video by haddad!
keep up the good work!

ps: I reformatted the news post a bit
wink.gif

ps 2: we should all save up to get you a new carpet
tongue.gif

I second this!
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, it isn't because the DSi ROMs have to be completely clean...It's just because they are improperly dumped...pretty much exactly like the error says. Supposedly there are a couple teams that are correctly dumping DSi ROMs (Legacy was one of them I think...though I remember something about a team getting the right equipment later on, so some of their earlier DSi dumps fail while their newer ones work), but nobody really knows about the other teams.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
So... It's worse than a $ 3 R4DS concerning ROMs, but cost $ 50.

Uh... Need to get one...
laugh.gif

lol I can't imagine this is as good as a $34 Supercard DSTWO. I'll pass on another overpriced and overhyped cyclo product
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this kit will eventually be cyclops only product, as the cyclods evolution is being phased out. they are working hard to improve support. everyone should keep in mind that this is a first of its kind exploit, when it was developed nothing like it existed. all of the software is extremely experimental and there isn't a huge community of developers working to update it as quickly as possible. cyclops is actually doing a great job and the current features of the kit are impressive regardless of their short-comings. dsi homebrew is slowly being released, cquake is a step in the right direction and i think that eventually we will start to see dsi-mode only homebrew released. this is pretty much the end of the life of ds/dsi flash kits. the next flash kit you can probably hope to see will be a mix between a scds2 (cpu enchanced) and the cylods ievo (dsi-mode).

users are paying for the support, an english speaking team, the "pretty" packaging, and the eventual benefits that are the dsi-mode. rom support is always increasing, dsi-mode compatibility layers are being adjusted and fine tuned, etc. i'll quickly agree that this flash kit is not worth $50, and even if it was 100% debugged it would still be over priced. with that said, the potential for what is to surly come is enough to create excitement. i would kindly ask users to consider all of these things before they bash the efforts of cylops based on one or two issues (ie: price and dsi-rom support).

the two teams who are known to have the correct dsi dumper are RFTD and bahamut. a few other people have the software, but nothing has come of it. cyclops can't be blamed for dsi-mode rom support when the roms were not correctly dumped. if the rom is missing the data nothing can be done until a proper dump is released. these are things to keep in mind.

dsi-mode compatibility layer homebrew support is a complete let down but something that is expected to be adjusted and fine-tuned in the future. it is possible that all older ds homebrew projects will never work correctly in dsi-mode, but then the cyclods ievo can be booted into ds-mode, so does that make it an issue? as long as the tools are available to recompile for dsi-mode, cyclops is helping developers along the way, and dsi-mode homebrew is released, then the ievo will always have something to offer that other flash kits can not.

the ievo is not the scds2, and the scds2 is not the ievo. they both have different potential and it will be up to the end user to decided what they want to spend their money on. to really compete cyclops needs to address all of the issues with the ievo and lower the price. until that happens i think we will continually see scds2 fans complain that the ievo has nothing to offer.

remember you are paying $50 for the potential of dsi-mode homebrew, cyclops support, and the oppertunity to use an exploit other flash kit developers have yet to offer. do not think that the ievo must do everything in dsi-mode, if it was designed to do that a ds-mode option would not have been included. however, if you are using the ievo for ds-mode and the few dsi homebrew projects then $50 is a high price when you compare it to other ds-mode flash kits in the same class, which offer similiar opitions, and good support.

always something to consider when you are flash kit hunting, these things we know. however, bashing a kit because it isn't perfected with its experimentail mode, new hardware, and new software, is not the best use of an educated mind. consider what the ievo is attempting to do and then consider what it has already accomplished. after that consider how the scds2 was missing most of its features at lauch, had homebrew and rom support problems, in-game menu problems, etc. supercard was given the chance to fix their card while everyone was behind them, with the ievo it seems that everyone has moved quickly to block the card and bash it from the start. the ievo isn't a clone of another existing kit or something we have seen before. give cyclops the benefit of the doubt and at least 6 months to make the $50 card worth its price.

-another world

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But still now,I don't really think its wise to buy this cart.For one the commercial and homebrew games have bad commercial in this card.Also, it is kinda expensive adding a 15$ increase from the Supercard Dstwo which is very great.Lastly the DSI mode thing that they have been claiming since start that made everyone hyped,has'nt really proven anything but though has big potential.But not really all is lost some developers have made homebrew games that when used in the cart gives a minor change and the working in progress GBA emulator by ichichfly.In conclusion,its not really money wise to buy it now but maybe in the future when its great potentials have already bloomed.

xaeroak15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
consider how the scds2 was missing most of its features at lauch, had homebrew and rom support problems, in-game menu problems, etc. supercard was given the chance to fix their card while everyone was behind them, with the ievo it seems that everyone has moved quickly to block the card and bash it from the start.
That's SC's smart way, they don't brag anything until they release features.
Indeed, I'm really doubt and concern the dsi's hack.(dsi rom support, basicly) Is it hackable? Or how many they said on internet can be used by users eventually?
If not, let along 3ds.
Continue listening...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
xaeroak15 said:
QUOTE said:
consider how the scds2 was missing most of its features at lauch, had homebrew and rom support problems, in-game menu problems, etc. supercard was given the chance to fix their card while everyone was behind them, with the ievo it seems that everyone has moved quickly to block the card and bash it from the start.
That's SC's smart way, they don't brag anything until they release features.
Indeed, I'm really doubt and concern the dsi's hack.(dsi rom support, basicly) Is it hackable? Or how many they said on internet can be used by users eventually?
If not, let along 3ds.
Continue listening...

Actually SC did say they had a "working GBA emu" when the thing worked like s**t in the start, they advertised a working SNES emu (wasn't available at launch), etc. Cyclops has said from the start that there will probably be some issues with commercial ROMs (DSi enhanced) loading in DSi mode. I haven't seen that many games not working on the iEvo in DS mode. Sure you can add some new games, but there isn't a single cart that actually allows 100% compatibility for all games released (never has been and probably never will be before Nintendo stops producing new DS games). It's amazing that people haven't really understood what that means and still keep bashing the cart. Hell I could say that the DSTwo GBA for example is a piece of c**p since it won't run certain games at 100% with sound enabled even now, after time has passed since the release. Looking back at the original GBAtemp review by AW, a lot of issues still need fixing on the DSTwo. SC really does have faith in the community for updates since they haven't updated certain parts of the firmware in ages and some updates have caused previous fixes not working (like the GBAemu).
smile.gif

GBAtemp DSTwo review said:
Cons:
- Missing SNES emulation
- Missing drag/drop video support
- Missing E-book reader support
- DLDI patching problems
- Poor GBA Homebrew compatibility
- GBA emulator is buggy
- EOS v1.02 software is buggy
- Some in-game menu options are buggy
- Lack of Homebrew soft-reset support

GBAtemp iEvolution review
Cons:
- Homebrew DSi compatibility layer issues
- Homebrew compatibility issues (ScummVM, etc)
- Some ROM DSi compatibility layer issues
- DSi WIFI issues
- DSi-Mode DS Download Play issues
- In-game menu loading issues
- Homebrew soft-reset issues

Tell me how does that compare to the iEvo firmware at the present time? I really do hope for something new in the DS flashcart scene. The iEvo is something new and will possibly lead to some interesting developments. Considering it's the only way of running anything in DSi mode for the average user (you can't count in the Sudoku hack since it's not available anymore), I don't understand the hate. It is a bit overpriced at the moment, but hey all things are at first. Sure call me a TC fanboy all you want, but at least compare things to reality instead of just saying it can't do anything

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
IIRC, it isn't because the DSi ROMs have to be completely clean...It's just because they are improperly dumped...pretty much exactly like the error says. Supposedly there are a couple teams that are correctly dumping DSi ROMs (Legacy was one of them I think...though I remember something about a team getting the right equipment later on, so some of their earlier DSi dumps fail while their newer ones work), but nobody really knows about the other teams.
Indeed !
Here are groups that knows how to properly dump dsi enhanced games : Legacy, RFTD, BAHAMUT, EXiMiUS.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mbmax said:
Here are groups that knows how to properly dump dsi enhanced games : Legacy, RFTD, BAHAMUT, EXiMiUS.

+ Not all releases so far have been made with the proper dumping tools AFAIK. In other words some dumps from said groups may not include the DSi parts even though the recent ones do. That adds another layer of problems regarding proper DSi dump identification. :I

-Qtis

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qtis said:
Mbmax said:

+ Not all releases so far have been made with the proper dumping tools AFAIK. In other words some dumps from said groups may not include the DSi parts even though the recent ones do. That adds another layer of problems regarding proper DSi dump identification. :I

-Qtis
It's perhaps a good idea to open a thread on TC forum where we can report proper dsi enhanced dumps, no ?
BTW, all of them are already referenced on DAT-o-MATIC website.
wink.gif

xaeroak15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
Qtis said:
Mbmax said:

-Qtis
It's perhaps a good idea to open a thread on TC forum where we can report proper dsi enhanced dumps, no ?
BTW, all of them are already referenced on DAT-o-MATIC website.
wink.gif

It could be shocking if dsi enhanced rom worked. Let us know
yaynds.gif

As a general player, I only know if the dsi enhanced rom works, both the card and rom are good; If not, well, you can say anything including the rom isn't correctly dumped, right?
unsure.gif

Sure I said SC is smart because except the ads they have already made, they only tell the result(upgrades.etc
They never making BIG promise(dsi enchanced rom support)
I just say the general state and I'm not fanboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch