'Eastward: Octopia' DLC gets launch trailer

eastward.jpg

First launched in 2021, pixel art RPG Eastward is receiving a DLC today. Titled Eastward: Octopia, it adds a standalone farming sim game mode to the title playable from the main menu. A new trailer was aired today to accompany the launch:

Reunite with Eastward’s wholesome duo Sam and John, as they embark on a well-deserved break in the idyllic world of Octopia. Leave behind the chaos and consumption of the miasma as you embrace the tranquillity of the peaceful countryside. Live off the land, whip up exquisite culinary delights, and work alongside a vibrant community of friendly faces to revitalise the town of Octopia.

Eastward: Octopia features include:
  • The return of Sam and John in a new adventure set in the land of Octopia. Far away from the hardships of Eastward, this parallel universe encourages rest and relaxation.
  • A fresh start in a pixel-crafted world. Revive an old, neglected farmstead, and breathe life to the town through community upgrades and work projects, encouraging new neighbours to move in.
  • A world of culinary delights fresh from soil to table. Grow produce and harvest crops to whip up delicious meals that become saved recipes in John’s Cookbook.
  • A new setting to enjoy. Away from daily life on the farm, spend time catching fish, talking to ghosts, and exploring the secrets hidden in Octopia.
  • A multilingual experience with support for French, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) languages.
Eastward: Octopia is out now and available on Steam and Nintendo Switch for $5.99 / £4.99 / €5.89 and requires a copy of the base game.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m surprised this game got DLC honestly. It was a great game/premise but the actual gameplay sections felt way too short and far between the countless cutscenes

I understand a game has to tell a story but the game turns into a press A simulator like 8 hours in with maybe 10 minutes of gameplay between more talking segments ha

Reactions: Phearoz and Pup

Pup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m surprised this game got DLC honestly. It was a great game/premise but the actual gameplay sections felt way too short and far between the countless cutscenes

I understand a game has to tell a story but the game turns into a press A simulator like 8 hours in with maybe 10 minutes of gameplay between more talking segments ha
I liked the good 3 hours that I played but I 100% agree, just too much dialogue for the time I have now. I'm happy for those that like it to get DLC though, that's always a nice addition to any game.

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really loved the game, and finished it, but 100% concur too much dialogue. Press A to continue.

Beautiful visual design though, and above average music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...