Hacking Question Server communication error 2124-4618?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a bit new to the Switch community in general and I'm not sure where the problem stem from.
First off, I followed the Switch hacking guide to a T. I only use emuMMC for anything that might be bannable so as to avoid the worst possible situation.
Anyway, it seems like NSPs or XCIs are unable to go online because I'm confronted each time with the server communication error (2124-4618). I know I'm not banned, and being on emuMMC definitely helps ensure that, plus I can still play other games online fine. However, those games may use a different server method when going online. The games I'm referring to are Super Mario Bros 35, Tetris 99 and Killer Queen Black (cartridge). Of course, apps like Hulu, YouTube, etc. all work fine as well. Obviously the eShop works too because that's where I downloaded that stuff.

So, cutting the ban out of the situation, unless it's some sort of game-specific ban only, I'm at a bit of a loss as how to fix the issue. I believe it may be file based, but I'm not sure where to look or what to remove/replace.
Another thing that has me puzzled though is that I tried out Animal Crossing first as an NSP install. I played through it with my wife before I even tried looking at the online capabilities. I decided to buy it straight from the eShop because I worried that trying this game online would give me that error if I kept playing with the NSP install, plus it feels nice to pay for something you genuinely like. Crazy thing is after uninstalling, purchasing from the eShop then reinstalling I still had my characters and island like it was never deleted, however, I was met with that 2124-4618 error when I finally tried the NookLink thing in the game's settings. Playing with a completely legal copy didn't work so I feel like I may have wasted some money on this one.

Anyway, on other Switch devices I have seen this issue pop up in games simply having an issue with the internet connection. Researching this error code has also shown me very little as to what it is or how to fix it.
So I'm posting here in hopes that anyone else who has had this issue might know what I need to do to fix it.
Anyone?

EDIT: I'm a little nervous to jump on sysMMC and try installing NSPs. Actually, I don't even want to try downloading Animal Crossing on sysMMC to see if it works there. I'm worried that my CFW going online there could cause trouble, though I'm uncertain if my fears are baseless or not. I may try my legally owned copies on stock FW though.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a banned error though....Maybe just for that game.
Hmm, in that case, do you think formatting my emuMMC would fix it for those games where I saw it? Basically redoing my emuMMC?
Aside from that, do you know if it's possible to play NSPs or XCIs without getting that error/ban?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, in that case, do you think formatting my emuMMC would fix it for those games where I saw it? Basically redoing my emuMMC?
Aside from that, do you know if it's possible to play NSPs or XCIs without getting that error/ban?
No idea, sorry. I just googled that error code and everything for it was Banned notices for either game specific or full bans, so don't know, but think once your banned either of game or full console ban, there's no way around it...consequences of war. Sorry to hear it, but join the club unfortunately.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know some time has passed, but it literally is a ban specific to each game if it wasn't legally installed. emuMMC is safe, but any game that would receive that error can never use internet on that system again (until redone*). So if it happens on emuMMC, one can simply setup emuMMC fresh again to start from a clean slate. However, sysMMC, from the best of my knowledge can only be brought back to those who have made the necessary backups before doing all of this in the first place. I'm uncertain if people who have experienced an issue like this would be able to recover from it on sysMMC through backup restoration, but if the time they backed up was before they received the first error, in retrospect, they should be fine so long as their system (sysMMC) hasn't been flagged by Nintendo for review.
I'm just making a note of my findings here since I received this error on my emuMMC so that anyone else who may have this question about the error could find it if they look for it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know some time has passed, but it literally is a ban specific to each game if it wasn't legally installed. emuMMC is safe, but any game that would receive that error can never use internet on that system again (until redone*). So if it happens on emuMMC, one can simply setup emuMMC fresh again to start from a clean slate. However, sysMMC, from the best of my knowledge can only be brought back to those who have made the necessary backups before doing all of this in the first place. I'm uncertain if people who have experienced an issue like this would be able to recover from it on sysMMC through backup restoration, but if the time they backed up was before they received the first error, in retrospect, they should be fine so long as their system (sysMMC) hasn't been flagged by Nintendo for review.
I'm just making a note of my findings here since I received this error on my emuMMC so that anyone else who may have this question about the error could find it if they look for it.
Do you have the correct patches corresponding to your bootloader that you use to launch Atmosphere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig