Hacking Semi-Brick, Need Assistance Please

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my softmodded Wii was black screening for months. I thought it was done. I was on menu 4.1.

Today, out of nowhere, after pushing and holding Reset then Power and letting go of Power, I was able to get priiloader to run! I saw a tutorial online saying just to use MMM to update the SysMenu. Well, I don't have the wifi configured properly because I moved in the last few months so the old config was saved. So I used ModMii to build me a 4.2 SysMenu Wad. I ran MMM and installed the wad. The system menu loaded and gives a message about being "Unable to load Mii data..." and then it freezes. I cannot do anything. If I cut the power, hold reset then power again, priiloader doesn't load. I've been able to get back to the SysMenu once more, but it freezes like I previously mentioned.

What can I do to fix this semi-brick?

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even getting a Health screen anymore. It's just back to the black screen, no priiloader, no anything. For some reason the Health screen booted once previously then it froze again at the SysMenu. Aside from that, it's just a black screen again, and I cannot get into priiloader again.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems you got yourself a full brick, my advice is try to do the SaveMiiFree method, or if you have some money to spend, try getting a SaveMii memory card.

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't understand is, I was black screening before for months. Then suddenly today priiloader started working. I didn't do anything differently. There's no other way to fix or format my SysMenu?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading B.L.I.N.D. autoboot recovery disc. Burn that good and proper. Use savemiifrii to load the recovery menu, then insert that disc.

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get to maintenance mode would imply I am seeing a Health Screen menu initially and I am not. It's just black. The Wii will blink off/on blue if I try to boot to priiloader whilst the SD card is in. If I take the SD card out, then hold Reset and push Power, it acts like priiloader is going to load, then stays black.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try downloading B.L.I.N.D. autoboot recovery disc. Burn that good and proper. Use savemiifrii to load the recovery menu, then insert that disc.

I think its best to just run the 4.3 update out of a new Wii game so it stays good and updated, then proceed to soft mod it, right?

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, this Wii was a Launch Wii so I was able to setup BootMii as boot2 a few years ago.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmm..
Since you have bootmii on boot2 it should give you protection towards every brick...
Try booting your wii without a SD card.

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why priiloader suddenly worked today mind you. I'm wondering if my Wii is just aging and dying since I've had it the week it came out.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well then you need to at least borrow a GC controller from a friend or so cuz you do need a GC controller to perform SaveMiiFrii, or if you can go ahead and buy SaveMii.

EphGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is odd, but, if I disconnect the power cable AND the A/V cable, then plug them both back in, turn the Wii on at the same time as holding Reset button, I get to the Health Screen. I pushed - and + and A and it went to Maintenance Mode, but when I click ok the message disappears, and the SysMenu freezes again. I gotta be close to getting a way to fix this. Please help guys!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol