SEGA Genesis Collection revealed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

SGC.jpg

SEGA will be bringing a new collection of old games to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in the form of another Genesis Collection. While the company hasn't formally announced the game yet, an announcement trailer went live on their YouTube (now deleted), and press images were leaked of the boxart. In the trailer, games like Sonic 1, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, ToeJam and Earl, Ristar, and other classic Genesis titles were shown off in what will be an assortment of over 50 games. It's not currently known if Backbone Entertainment, the team who made the Genesis Collection on PS3/360, will be involved in this version. It's scheduled to release on May 29, 2018. Notably, there was no mention of a Nintendo Switch version.

:arrow: Trailer Mirror Link

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...eh. As most others have said... no Switch port, who cares.

Also, I doubt it'll have Sonic 3&K, and they'll just be emulations instead of Whitehead ports...

What I'd give for the Whitehead ports on Switch.

Reactions: Deleted User

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...eh. As most others have said... no Switch port, who cares.

Also, I doubt it'll have Sonic 3&K, and they'll just be emulations instead of Whitehead ports...

What I'd give for the Whitehead ports on Switch.

He only did Sonic 2 and Sonic CD IIRC. The rest is just garbage emulators based off really old versions of Gens.

Reactions: THYPLEX

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fun thing about the previous collection on Steam is that the ROM files were all in standard formats, unencrypted, in a folder. If you wanted to use an Everdrive or any emulator of your choice and still "go legit" you totally could.

He only did Sonic 2 and Sonic CD IIRC. The rest is just garbage emulators based off really old versions of Gens.
The "HD" mobile port of Sonic 1 was also his, and he did a proof of concept port of Sonic 3 (just the first level).

Reactions: SonicMC

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic 1, 2, and CD were all him. Sonic 3 was pitched but Sega can't do anything about it, because of the music licensing issues.

I meant the other games on Steam, that use their Classic launcher and their "new" launcher, the sound emulation is utter garbage compared to Genesis Plus and Kega Fusion. They didn't even
get that part right.

I can even prove it with a video I made.

Reactions: CeeDee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1