Hardware See the 3D-ness of the 3DS!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty neat, i managed to do the crosseye thing. Though i hope it isn't as much of a disorienting effect in the real 3DS, it makes my eyes hurt, which i'm sure won't happen. Thanks for the screens Spinal!
tongue.gif

Is this kind of how the real system does the effect?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
granville said:
Is this kind of how the real system does the effect?
Yes. Each eye sees a slightly different picture, like it's watching from a slightly different angle, just like how you see the real world. The effect you get is a 3D picture.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm SO loving this, i never knew you could do this with just your eyes and a specially doubled picture! With this, i know roughly how it works, plus i know it will look less blurry, painful on the real thing! That's real 3D for me! Looks just like i'd imagined it. Here's a really cool video that shows the effect off nicely-

I suggest going there and watching it in HD fullscreen for the best effect, excellent!

EDIT- actually, forget the fullscreen comment, i see why they are having issues making the tech on large screens. The bigger the screen, the crappier the effect seems to get. Small youtube window produces the best result for me.
ohmy.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
granville said:
EDIT- actually, forget the fullscreen comment, i see why they are having issues making the tech on large screens. The bigger the screen, the crappier the effect seems to get. Small youtube window produces the best result for me.
ohmy.gif

The 3DS mixes the two images together and uses a special lens to separate them to each eye. You obviously don't need to do any of this cross-eye stuff when using the 3DS.
The problem with using the 3DS's method on large screens, is that your eyes will see different parts of the screen at different angles so it is hard to get the 3D effect to work right, and to get it to work from different angles, which you would need on a TV.

Posts merged

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jun 17 2010, 02:43 PM) I have a question.

Does anyone know if the 3D actually jumps out or is it just depth?

That would depend entirely on the game I would think. All depends on what the developer wants to do.

[edit]
A good trick that might help those having trouble, once you have 3 images in front of you, slide your left had in front of your left eye from the left. Do this slowly until the left image disappears. Then do the same with your right had over your right eye. If you did that right, you should only see a single image in front of you which should be easier to focus on and yes, you should be able to focus on the image correctly.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I can't actually see it, but after seeing the video I can imagine how it might look. Thanks for the great video!

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
MARIO GALAXY 3 FOR 3DS!!!!! Would be nice...

I love watching those pair............ or images making a 3D.

Actually, the Pikmin scene looked cool. The graphics are already great, add 3D and it would be perfect for me.. Nintendo game + Graphics + 3D = Perfect game

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
I can see this in 3D
grog.gif

take3d-title1.jpg

I already posted that image

Word of warning after all this cross eyed ness my head hurts a little, or it could be all this hot sun outside

G

GentleFist

haha would be cool if the 3ds was using this crosseye crap then everyone walking around with a 3ds would look like a retard xD

imagine a crosseye tv, the whole family sitting like that looking serious as theyre concentrating haahahaha xD

E: getting the image to overlap isnt that hard but its seriously hard form me holding it still so my eyes can focus, after a while my eyes get tired and i cant hold them cross eyed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol