Hardware second hand ps3 slim cfw,reformat hdd no boot

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys can you help me? i have a ps3 slim 200xx model, at first it is working properly, but i tried to remove custom firmware just by taking out the hardisk and formating the hardisk to pc, i tried to put it back to ps3 but no boot, it says on the below screen shot, my problem on which firmware it has running before i format, it says overflow but i dont know if it is 4.81 to 4.85

upload_2021-1-21_20-12-29.png

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what i dont understand it saids update data of version 5.00 or later, i tried to reinstalll all overflow firmware, but no luck

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any idea guys ? why it show 5.00 firmware, if im right there is no firmware 5.00 for ps3, i only know the last custom firmware intalled is overflow

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you format the hard drive through recovery mode?
try downloading the latest official firmware and installing it through recovery mode.

you shouldn't have formatted the hard drive through your computer.

Reactions: maynard14

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, formatting on the pc is the only way to completely wipe the hdd. The xregistry survives a format on the ps3. That's for a slim. With a phat, it doesn't matter.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: maynard14

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this ps3 has been spoofed that is why it is giving me the message update firmware to 5.00 or higher. I tried rogero downgrader and rebug downgrader but no luck. Its gives me error when i try to install them
20210122_020337.jpg

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i see, i will try another hdd, thank you. i will report back. yes it sucks i should have first check the cfw installed version first and remove the spoof before i formated the hardisk on the pc

maynard14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got it fix, for those similar issue, i have tried to install rogero dowgrader, but gives me error above 8002F2BF it is because the hardisk im trying to install the fw is faulty, i have replace it with another hdd and now its working with OFW 4.87. thank you so much guys for giving me advise :)

Reactions: godreborn

Andersonl

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Este es un sitio de habla inglesa. Por favor, utilice solo el inglés y es posible que podamos ayudarle.
(This is an English speaking site. Please use English only and we may be able to help you.)
got it fix, for those similar issue, i have tried to install rogero dowgrader, but gives me error above 8002F2BF it is because the hardisk im trying to install the fw is faulty, i have replace it with another hdd and now its working with OFW 4.87. thank you so much guys for giving me advise :)
Help, this happens to me in 2024
Post automatically merged:

Help, this happens to me in 2024

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpeg
    IMG_0806.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1