Searching for the name of a PS4 part

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I have a PS4 PRO CUH- 7016B. My DVD drive doesn't take the DVDS. I have ordered a optical EM-496AAA, The problem, it doesn't seems to be enough, I should have bought a full Optical disk drive with the disc drive tray. The problem I have, is it possible to buy the "disc drive tray" only part and what's it's name please??
Is there a site, or something like that to determine the name of console part depending of your model of console in order not to mislead and buy a wrong part please?
Please respond to the 2 questions:
1 is it possible to buy the "disc drive tray" only part somewhere? (I need the name of the part)
2 Is there a site, or something like that to determine the NAMES of the parts you need depending of you model of console?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you have to remarry the new drive to the ps4, that involve swapping the chip on the original daughter board to the new daughter board.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, a PS4 in not the same as a PS4 pro (I said it was a ps4 Pro, not the same parts).
Second, it doesn't reply to any of the two questions:
1 is it possible to buy the "disc drive tray" only part?
2 Is there a site, or something like that to determine the parts you can buy depending of you model of console?
If this was a kind of response, it doesn't explain at all what remarry mean and how to do that. I've never heard that a optical part was married to a disc tray (???) but you might have heard something from somewhere.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, a PS4 in not the same as a PS4 pro (I said it was a ps4 Pro, not the same parts).
Second, it doesn't reply to any of the two questions:
1 is it possible to buy the "disc drive tray" only part?
2 Is there a site, or something like that to determine the parts you can buy depending of you model of console?
If this was a kind of response, it doesn't explain at all what remarry mean and how to do that. I've never heard that a optical part was married to a disc tray (???) but you might have heard something from somewhere.

If you don't believe it, do your research just like do your research on the fake 2tb micro sd card you bought. Don't believe about the drive , just ask @KiiWii

Reactions: KiiWii

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still, I believe the 2 first questions had no answers.
So I understand you try replying to a question not asked but trying to be constructive (are you a politician?)
In order to proove you are right, can kiiwii or someone confirm that parts must be paired together (married?) in order to work like hayato said on PS4 Pro? Also, this thread has nothing to do with another on another console, so....

Last edited by mrmagicm,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot BigOnYa!! Also, thanks for the tutorials, it's better (and different) than the one I had on youtube!
Would you know the answer to the questions I was asking? (or anyone)
There is a good advice I will like to give to all for that kind of repair, ALWAYS Prefer to buy a "DVD drive full kit" that just the optical kit, because you might end like in my case!!

Last edited by mrmagicm,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot BigOnYa!! Also, thinks for the tutorials, it's better (and different) than the one I had on youtube!
Would you know the answer to the questions I was asking? (1 and 2)
That link/site has the complete optical drive for sale. I don't know about trying to find seperate parts, sorry. I replaced a PS4 pro opitical drive last year for a buddy, no marry-iing/swapping boards needed, and I bought it from that site. Good luck!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BigOnYa

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@BigOnya nice for doing it yourself, I've notice it's more complicated to change the Dvd Drive on a PS4 pro than PS4.

@hayato
Im afraid that is only for the North American market PS4
Not sure what you mean by that, does that mean that US PS4 are not part locked but EUR PS4 are kinda "Part locked" concerning spare parts?
Thanks for the link, but that doesn't respond to the question, it's just a link to buy a part, what I want to know is "How that part for CUH- 7016B" is CALLED, how to give it a Product number name to every model of PS4/PS4pro/Slim in order to be sure.
Also, the link you give me is a full kit (also very expensive but that another pb), I am now searching for a way to by the ""disc drive tray"" only part, I know it's hard to understand why...Oh maybe because it's cause I've stated I already had the optical part from the beginning.
Sometime Hayato123, I asking myself If you are joking when you give a reply (I know you wanna help, where you reading the entire math problem statements before answering when you were young, just teasing you ^^).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BigOnya nice for doing it yourself, I've notice it's more complicated to change the Dvd Drive on a PS4 pro than PS4.

@hayato

Not sure what you mean by that, does that mean that US PS4 are not part locked but EUR PS4 are kinda "Part locked" concerning spare parts?
Thanks for the link, but that doesn't respond to the question, it's just a link to buy a part, what I want to know is "How that part for CUH- 7016B" is CALLED, how to give it a Product number name to every model of PS4/PS4pro/Slim in order to be sure.
Also, the link you give me is a full kit (also very expensive but that another pb), I am now searching for a way to by the ""disc drive tray"" only part, I know it's hard to understand why...Oh maybe because it's cause I've stated I already had the optical part from the beginning.
Sometime Hayato123, I asking myself If you are joking when you give a reply (I know you wanna help, where you reading the entire math problem statements before answering when you were young, just teasing you ^^).
1698599627744.png

But regardless as the EU ifixit store doesn't have the drive so you would have to source the drive else where, you need the KEM-496AAA.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: KiiWii and BigOnYa

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so that "seems" to give the credit that parts are....How can we call it...."Region locked"??
But that doesn't give any answers to my questions.......ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

@BigOnYa I have this part, I need the other one....the one that is the KEM-496AAA minus the optical

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so that "seems" to give the credit that parts are....How can we call it...."Region locked"??
But that doesn't give any answers to my questions.......ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

@BigOnYa I have this part, I need the other one....the one that is the KEM-496AAA minus the optical
Well now you know the part #, your getting closer, now is the fun of trying to find it. Thats the best I can help with. Good luck, and game on!

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch