Homebrew sdlmame compatibility. Help!

Dogway

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sdlmame is based off 0.134u4 version of mame. Thus the roms need to be in 0.134u4 set to work. To convert roms to different sets I use clrmamepro, but you need a mame version you want your roms set to be changed to. But I couldn't find any downloadable version of mame or its variants of 0.134u4, the only one I found is the source of sdlmame0.134u4.zip. I would like if someone can point me to a build of 0.134u4 of mame or if s/he can compile this source for me.

PS: Im trying to make work b.rap boys, rastan saga 2, and golden axe 2, and big karnak.

Thank you

Dogway

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean that I could not use the compiled binary of my posted sdlmame 134u4 source (the original not the wii version) for using it in clrmame?
For mame plus I normally use the exe file, and that's enough for changing rom sets.
I hope one cool guy can come around and compile this little thing, so other people can use it for their roms too.

scorned4sega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdlmame is based off 0.134u4 version of mame. Thus the roms need to be in 0.134u4 set to work. To convert roms to different sets I use clrmamepro, but you need a mame version you want your roms set to be changed to. But I couldn't find any downloadable version of mame or its variants of 0.134u4, the only one I found is the source of sdlmame0.134u4.zip. I would like if someone can point me to a build of 0.134u4 of mame or if s/he can compile this source for me.

PS: Im trying to make work b.rap boys, rastan saga 2, and golden axe 2, and big karnak.

Thank you
Here's a link to the MAME 134u4 dat file: http://www.emulab.it/rommanager/index.php?s=80&np=12 (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For anyone still having problems with ROMs on SDL MAME Wii, here are some useful links! ;)

You need ROMs that are compatible with MAME version 0.134u4.
You can download other versions of the ROMs, and then convert them using CLRMame Pro, the MAME 0.134u4 DAT file, and then follow the instructions from here, quoting:
(...)
5. put this dat file to datfiles directory of cmpro.
6. load it with default settings.
7. go to Rebuilder.
8. define source folder with (...) ROMs and any new folder for rebuilt ROMs.
9. press Rebuild.
(...)
The supported list of ROMs (compiled by ToadKing, the author of the emulator) can be found here.
But from those, only the ones with size less than around 20MB will load correctly.
A more exhaustive compatibility list can be found here.
Good luck and happy arcade playing sessions! :yaywii:

Buttersoft.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having real trouble with this process. I cannot find any romset and matching rollback set. They do have to match, don't they? As in, 0.145 roms needs the 0.145 rollback set, yes? How far back can that set roll, and depending on what? The .dat file?

Will those instructions linked to in the post above work for another romset and rollback set? Any suggestions about obtaining any matching set?

I just want to get Final Fight and a few other games working on the Wii and i'm buggered if I can figure out how :( I'm using the 1.0 build of MAME.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do yourself a favour and try retroarch emulator on Wii.
Mame SDL Wii was superseded by RA.

Search the Wii emu section for info and a guide to set it up.

jace633549

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um hackmii used to have a wonderful compatibility list...it was a little squished but still had tons of games...hackmii is down now...but you can still see the archived website with Internet Archive: Wayback Machine....i would post the link but i'm too new, so i'm not allowed to post anything. the list is massive too and i think it took like 5 posts to post all of the games.

Last edited by jace633549,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare